Nitrous + Accelerate = HOLY CRAP!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Nitrous + Accelrate = HOLY CRAP!

I had mine on "Ferrari". I then lowered it to "Even Faster". Still kept crashing a few apps, namely Rowmote, Facebook, Words/Scramble With Friends, and a couple others. :-(

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Weird. I haven't had any issues, and my battery life has been great, though I don't have it on the highest setting by any means.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Well. Maybe I'm wrong. Words With Friends just crashed again with Accelerate uninstalled. Ugh. I wish I could figure this out. Driving me nuts.

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Well. Maybe I'm wrong. Words With Friends just crashed again with Accelerate uninstalled. Ugh. I wish I could figure this out. Driving me nuts.

Words With Friends has been squirrelly on my iPad for a few days (starts to launch, then back to app page). Doesn't do it all the time, though. I don't have Nitrous or Accelerate installed, so WWF might be conflicting with another tweak.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

If that was the only app doing it, I wouldn't sweat it. However, it's happened with a few different apps.

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nitrous + Accelrate = HOLY CRAP!

Are these both available for iP5? When I read the description of Accelerate it listed devices up 4S...

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

But do you really need both tweaks? I would think accelerator alone would work.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Accelerate only speeds up the images. Nitrous lets non-native apps use the nitro engine to render, which actually makes the app itself faster. The two in combination are the true miracle. The perfect pairing, if you will.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

While it is way cool to OC a PC, how much benefit are you really getting by OC'ng your phone? Just playing devils advocate here :)

I would have thought the same thing until I tried it. If you install and try with just the default settings, I think you'll appreciate why others find it useful. Navigating around the phone is just a LOT faster with no delay in opening anything or moving from one task to the next. How much time will it save me, not sure ;-) But, you might try and see for yourself.

Regarding comments on OCing causing heat issues, I definitely don't have any overheating of my iP5. I originally asked about battery life because since JB'ing my phone I notice my iP5 has a big drop overall in battery life from stock. BUT, I have a LOT of stuff installed (too much to list) that is likely causing it. I was curious if someone with just Accelerate or someone who had a stable setup and consistent battery life that just recently installed Accelerate (even if they previously had lot of apps) would indicate if they found any specific change they could attribute to Accelerate itself. Hard for me to say whether Accelerate is lowering my battery life and would have to uninstall a few days without installing anything new to get a baseline on that... and I don't want to uninstall it :cool:

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

my first line of thought as a PC gamer and regular Overclocker(OCer). Is this sounds as if it's overclocking the CPU? GPU? I know what can happen when doing that so if that is the case it's no thanks for me. I'm just saying that was my first thought.

As an aside, I emailed the dev to ask what exactly Accelerate is doing. No answer from him/her yet. Others here are commenting it is only speeding up animations but it's unclear to me which part of the iPhone is responsible for "speeding up animation"... is that not something done by the CPU or GPU? I'm asking out of pure and utter ignorance but I would have thought that pretty much all tasks were handled by one of those???

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I guess Cydia didn't want me have it yesterday (she is such a tease). But, O MY!!! Ferrari indeed. When I closed settings it almost gave me a headache LOL. It needs a countdown.... "Insane speed coming in 3.... 2.... " I might need to disable it until I am sitting still .... Thanks for the suggestion though.. Not sure if I am ready to drop money on Nitrous yet, but we will see...

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

Just 'slowed down' to cheetah... I can deal with this for now.. Ferrari just didn't look natural... I am more of a nature's man anyway...

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

Just 'slowed down' to cheetah... I can deal with this for now.. Ferrari just didn't look natural... I am more of a nature's man anyway...

I was so drunk with power from all the speed I never tried any other setting... going from ferrari to cheetah was a good suggestion :D

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I just used 'jiggly' mode for the first time since enabling.... ummm.. my apps looked like a crack-head in the hood looking for his next fix...

** I know people in the forums are sensitive at times, so no offense to anyone addicted to crack looking for a fix...

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Wow. It takes a lot to impress me, but this combo did it. Between the actual speed increase of some apps that Nitrous gives and the psychological boost that Accelerate provides, the phone (and iPad) feels at least twice as fast.

I installed the combo last night and ran with it all day today. I log my battery state with BatteryLogger, and I can confirm that there was no difference at all in my power drain. As far as I can tell, this is all benefit with no downside. I have not encountered any problems with any apps.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm assuming these are both compatible with iOS 6.1, can someone confirm?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

I'm assuming these are both compatible with iOS 6.1, can someone confirm?

I have them both on my iP5 with 6.1 and what seems to be a relatively stable setup, though I have a lot of other stuff installed as well.