App Store "Request Timed Out" Issue

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The past 2 days I've been getting App Store notifications that updates are available but they won't load. I open the updates tab and get a "request timed out" error. It's happening on my iPhone 5, my iPad, and my wife's iPhone 4S.

We are all stock and updated to 6.1. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and if anyone knows the cause or fix.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Depending on the app... it could be a popular one, and lots of people are trying at the same time you are, and the load balancing is maxed out... it happens. Try via iTunes... or on the device later.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the app... it could be a popular one, and lots of people are trying at the same time you are, and the load balancing is maxed out... it happens. Try via iTunes... or on the device later.

Thanks. It probably is popular apps or something. I'm sure it'll fix itself eventually.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I had a different issue yesterday afternoon -i had 3 app updates on my iPad (1st gen). When i tapped into the update screen, it wouldnt load and stayed a blank white page. So something is going on. I finally was able to get into the updates this morning and have them load, all with no problem.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I had a different issue yesterday afternoon -i had 3 app updates on my iPad (1st gen). When i tapped into the update screen, it wouldnt load and stayed a blank white page. So something is going on. I finally was able to get into the updates this morning and have them load, all with no problem.

Same thing on my iPhone yesterday. I figured it was just server traffic.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if it is just an Apple issue or of its something to do with all the jailbreaking. Apple is definitely looking into it and I'm sure they will correct the issue shortly.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. I am not jailbroken.

If it has anything to do with jailbreaking it would be some kind of server issues. As more people jailbreak, the servers get slammed with more requests. It would affect us all, whether jailbroken or not.

This may not even be the issue, but its a possibility.