BiteSMS problem

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to 6.1 on my 4s and did a JB. I am having a problem with Bite SMS however. When I receive a text with phone in sleep mode, it used to give me a popup that I could reply directly from lockscreen. Now, I dont even get an alert and when I unlock, the screen just goes black back to sleep mode. Has anyone else had this problem or knows what settings to use to correct this problem?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Are you running the newest version (7.2)?

Are you using a themed lock screen? If you are, notifications show up UNDER the HTML based lock screens and you can't see them (all notifications, not just bite).

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you running the newest version (7.2)?

Are you using a themed lock screen? If you are, notifications show up UNDER the HTML based lock screens and you can't see them (all notifications, not just bite).

Yes, newest version 7.2. No themes as I have had problems with theming in the past. I checked SBSsettings and Bite is turned on. I get no visual/audio notification when text comes in. When I unlock, QR window shows then disappears and phone goes back in to sleep mode; very strange...

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No, and that link is definitely right, as I am using it. I even double checked my spelling. It should be all lower-case of course. But perhaps another tweak is conflicting with bitesms? You could try booting into safe mode and see if bite works properly then.

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
No, and that link is definitely right, as I am using it. I even double checked my spelling. It should be all lower-case of course. But perhaps another tweak is conflicting with bitesms? You could try booting into safe mode and see if bite works properly then.

It may be blocked because I am at work. Stupid question; how do I boot into safe mode? I dont see anything in SBSsettings. If I do that and Bite works, is that an indication that there is a conflict with one of the tweaks?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It may be blocked because I am at work. Stupid question; how do I boot into safe mode? I dont see anything in SBSsettings. If I do that and Bite works, is that an indication that there is a conflict with one of the tweaks?

It's not a link you click on a computer, it's an address you add to your Cydia sources in Manage/Sources/Edit/Add

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
never mind about safe mode; found under power button on SBS. thanks for not calling me on stupid questions!! downloaded beta and will see how that works...

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry for not being clear enough (at work myself). I hope this works better for you.

Downloaded the beta and it is still doing the same. Also tried in safe mode and same thing. Do you suggest uninstalling JB apps one at a time? Since it is an issue with the lockscreen, I am thinking it might be a conflict with sliderpro? whaddya think? No problems with Bite (and QR) when phone is on...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Downloaded the beta and it is still doing the same. Also tried in safe mode and same thing. Do you suggest uninstalling JB apps one at a time? Since it is an issue with the lockscreen, I am thinking it might be a conflict with sliderpro? whaddya think? No problems with Bite (and QR) when phone is on...

Did u change the settings for bitesms? Try adjusting the setting to see if that resolves ur issue

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Op disable the the other lock screen tweak see if you still have the issue.

Hijack time!!

Got bite for my wife's ip5, everything works like it should except for contacts. Only numbers show up, not names. And these are people that are on the address book. Any thoughts?

teach1love

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Op disable the the other lock screen tweak see if you still have the issue.

Hijack time!!

Got bite for my wife's ip5, everything works like it should except for contacts. Only numbers show up, not names. And these are people that are on the address book. Any thoughts?

The only lockscreen tweak I have is sliderpro and I uninstalled it to no avail. Maybe I should uninstall slider pro and bitesms, then reinstall only bite to see if that is the problem. How does that sound? I had the same problem with my contacts when I first installed Bite. I clicked on the left side of the contacts and then went back into Bite and all the contact info was populated

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods