Phone stuck when erase all content and settings

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The jailbreak completed successfully, and once I go under settings to reboot to recover my icloud backup, I set stuck at the spinning wheel. When i do a hard reset with the home and sleep wake buttons it boots back up normal just not able to recover my icloud backup.

Any ideas on what to do??

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Your post and subject don't match.

If the jailbreak is completed successfully, why are you erasing all content and settings?

If you're stuck with the erasing, you haven't started the jailbreak.

What phone are you using? Which iOS are you trying to jailbreak?

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
i'm trying to erase content and settings so i can get my icloud backup back when it reboots. i want all my apps and stuff back. iphone 5 6.1

i have followed all the steps and done this before, i jsut dont know why it's looped.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You cannot hit "erase all contents and settings" when jailbroken. Ever. It will break things, and this will happen.

If you must use iCloud, then you have to restore to 6.1, then restore from iCloud, then run evasi0n. Or, just use iTunes to restore from backup (after you know, making a backup).

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Which steps are you following?

Erasing content prior to the jailbreak relates to Absinthe 2.0 for the 5.1.1 jailbreak. It has nothing to do with evasi0n. The evasi0n steps were "plug in your phone. hit jailbreak. leave your phone alone. ok, unlock it and click the app we installed. leave it alone. you're done."

At no point was there a step to delete everything. The step mentioned in Absinthe was due to a vulnerability in backups being utilized for the jailbreak. By deleting everything first, it sped up the jailbreaking process. That's not the same with evasi0n.

As Laelipoo mentioned, you cannot use that button after the jailbreak or you get into problems like you're experiencing now. This was true in past jailbreaks as well. I'm not sure when you're remembering having done it, but don't :p

Since you've run evasi0n, I must assume you have access to a computer and you followed the steps that included making a backup. Simply restore from that backup using the computer. It's much less hassle.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
so at this point i should just do a clean wipe restore to stock, then recover my iCloud, then jailbreak?

how long will that take? i dont know what part of the process i read that having a clean install will make it faster, THEN do icloud backup once jailbreak complete

im seriously confusing myself lol

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
so at this point i should just do a clean wipe restore to stock, then recover my iCloud, then jailbreak?

how long will that take? i dont know what part of the process i read that having a clean install will make it faster, THEN do icloud backup once jailbreak complete

im seriously confusing myself lol

it's impossible to restore from iCloud after you jailbreak, as you have now discovered. So yes, you should restore to 6.1, restore from iCloud, jailbreak. While it is faster to jailbreak a clean phone, it causes other issues when you want to recover your data. It's why they tell you to make a local backup, as iTunes CAN restore that after a jailbreak. Just not iCloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2