Should I upgrade or not ?

sameer kapoor

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am a satisfied jailbreaker on MiPhone* 4 untethered 5.0.1. Earlier I was on tethered 6.0.1 , as I spend daily 6-7 hrs on pc so tethered jailbreak was no issue for me regarding rebooting. The main issue was the compatibility of themes , apps and tweaks with 6.0.1 . I think it was due to lack of an untethered ios 6 jailbreak . Now it is available by the grace of evad3rs but I don't find an single reason to upgrade to ios 6 again . so, I need advice of senior members that should I upgrade or not ? Thanks in advance.

* before jb its iPhone after jb its MiPhone

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am keeping my phone on 5.1.1 since I know that is a very stable jb. However my test phone and iPad are updated and jb on 6.1 with only a few quirks, and I've not seen all the tweaks/utilities as updated to work with 6 yet. I would recommend holding off just a little longer for the tweaks to stabilize if youve got just the one iDevice.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I would say yes, for the simple fact that apps are starting to require 5.1.1 or greater to run. It's much easier to just upgrade to 6.x now and untether than try to get to 5.1.1.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
And immediate conflict, choose wisely. Haha

Though the point of 5.1.1 becoming a new baseline (and near impossible to get to at this point) is a valid one

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You're on the 4, so it's not a HUGE deal. The bootrom exploit means you'll always be able to jump around between different iOS versions without needing the Apple signatures.

As Laelipoo mentioned, developers tend to spend less time worrying about backwards compatibility the longer a new iOS is out. The less they worry, the less you'll be able to get new apps or updates to ones you already do have. There's no need to be in a rush, but unless you're looking for very specific jailbroken apps that aren't updated there's no real reason to hang back either.

Simply, do what you want. Neither decision logically dwarfs the other.

sameer kapoor

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all for advice , so I have decided to stay with my present jb 5.0.1 as till now everything is compatible with it and its flawless . I have decided to check this forum untill there are no complaints regarding ios 6 compatibility or I should upgrade to ios 6.1 only after the release of ios 7 .

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you decide to stay on iOS 5 for a while, make sure you save your SHSH blobs!!
Apple is already releasing iOS 6.1.1 to developers, so the lifespan of 6.1 is rapidly closing!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods