iOS 6 Lockscreen: Intelliscreenx, Lockinfo, or Bulletin?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to ditch ISX when I noticed there was an update. So I'm giving it one more shot. I had two freezes back to back. One after making a call and the other trying to start the Flickr app after being in ISX. I know it's ISX because when there was no ISX there was no instability issues. I just don't know what it's conflicting with?

Hard to say...what else do you have installed?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually it's really stable sinceI updated. What I need to know now is once I purchase it can I login on my wife's iPhone and install or do I need another license?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually it's really stable sinceI updated. What I need to know now is once I purchase it can I login on my wife's iPhone and install or do I need another license?

Glad you like it! This is from the Intelliborn FAQ:

"How many devices can I install my purchased license on?

You may install your purchased license on up to 5 devices you own. You may transfer your license(s) if you replace/upgrade your iPhone. If you restore your iPhone, you can simply reinstall without any transfer.

To redownload - simply rejailbreak your iPhone and via Cydia, install the software. You'll need to open Cydia and re-sign in using the same Cydia login."

(IntelliScreenX FAQs)

msiphone

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Could someone offer advice?? I would like for a 'notification' of some kind to show up when I have a new message/email/etc. as a 'pop-up', but I would then like it to go away after it's been visible for a few seconds and not show on my default 'lock screen'. I have ISX installed, but can't quite figure this out.

thanks

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Could someone offer advice?? I would like for a 'notification' of some kind to show up when I have a new message/email/etc. as a 'pop-up', but I would then like it to go away after it's been visible for a few seconds and not show on my default 'lock screen'. I have ISX installed, but can't quite figure this out.

thanks

I can't name a tweak that does exactly that. Instead I can recommend OpenNotifier. When an app gets a badge you'll see an icon in the status bar. The icon will remain there until you open the app and clear the badge. You can choose which apps to behave in this way. You can also choose the icon.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

thanks

Pretty sure you either have to have it set up so you can view it in your lock screen or not--I don't think you can do something that will show once and then not stay there. I use the method described above. This way when an email arrives my phone vibrates and I get a status bar icon; then I can just pull down ISX to see what it was. Nothing actually shows on my lock screen otherwise. And you only need Open Notifier for 3rd party apps...ISX has icons already for mail, phone, SMS, and silent mode. I use ON for twitter, Facebook, etc.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Massie, if my memory serves correct you can setup your ribbon notif without winterboard is that right?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Massie, if my memory serves correct you can setup your ribbon notif without winterboard is that right?

Sure, just replace the OpenNotifier exclamation point (or whichever icon you want to replace) directly in the UIKit framework folder.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I bought LockInfo 5, Intelliscreen 6 and Bulletin and tested them all.
Everyone of them has some good and some bad aspects.

LockInfo 4 with its InfoScreen and Plugins is really the best Lockscreen and Notification Center application, but unfortunately it's not compatible with iOS6.

LockInfo 5 is a new way of controlling you lockscreen. You have widgets and notifications displayed separately on the lockscreen. The notifications can be displayed all together or individually. With LockInfo 5 you can get your informations without leaving the lockscreen, which makes it very useful. You can view your calendar entries and their notes without opening the calendar app in the lockscreen. You can do the same with RSS feeds, Emails and twitter. The negative points of LockInfo 5 are, you cant remove or change the weather widget and the "slide to unlock" part. You can install 3rd party tweaks to remove it or make it invisible, but note that it will not adjust its height. Another drawback is, the Notification Center isn't like in the lockscreen, which I don't understand, but It's not coherent. Another negativ point is you can't display widgets and notifications on the lockscreen together, you have to chose whether the one or the other.
LockInfo 5 costs $7.99, you had the chance to get it for $3.99 like I did. It's a free upgrade for LickInfo 4.

That was the reason I tried IntelliscreenX 6. It hasn't changed a lot since the first first version, but improved and added some small features. It's like the original Notification Center. You can also swipe it to the lockscreen and swipe it off the lockscreen just like the notification center on your homescreen. I works fluently and you can have "screens", which are widget all over the screen in the Notification center. You have the Notification center and the screens for mails, Facebook, Twitter and RSS feeds. I personally don't use these widgets and use the Reeder app, so I disabled all screens. I like the fact that you can use the camera grabber on the lockscreen to invoke the camera. A unique selling proposition which I miss in LockInfo is the "Top Shelf". You can put widgets in the Top Shelf above the first widget and unveil it with a swipe. You have also a "QuickSettings", which allows you to activate and change system functions like turning on and off Wi-Fi, Data, Rotation, do a respring just like SBSettings. You can also integrate SBSettings toggles in QuickSettings. Maybe some of you know "Messages+", a tweak which allows you to quick replay messages without opening the messages app. It is integrated in IntelliscreenX for free as a Add-on. In comparison to LockInfo 5 you can remove, hide and change the weather widget, but you can't remove or change the "slide to unlock" part. You can also install 3rd party tweaks and Winterboard themes to remove it or make it invisible, but note that it will not adjust its height.
Intelliscreen 6 costs $9.99, which is also a lot and even more expensive than LockInfo. Unfortunately it's not a free upgrade for the previous version.

The third contender is Bulletin. It's a lightweight version of IntelliScreenX 6. It has almost the same functionality, without the widget screens, the Top Shelf function and no Messages+. But Bulletin offers other also mentionable features which I personally miss in LockInfo and IntelliScreenX. First of all you can chose and customize you wallpaper the way you want it. You can chose one or change the color of the existing wallpaper or even add blur and other effects. The are also functions like swipe to unlock, which allows you to swipe the lock screen away to unlock your device, which is pretty awesome.
You can also swipe to delete notifications, messages etc. individually.
A negative aspect is, you can't use the the camera grabber with the Notification Center on the lock screen. You can see the lock screen camera grabber, but you can't also use it if you turned on the swipe to unlock functionality. It's also not possible to use SBSettings without integrating it in the Notification center and you can't use widgets like WeeSearchPro, where you use the keyboard to write something.
Bulletin costs just $0.99 and is the cheapest contender, but has it's own usp's.

I often get the question: "which one is the best?", and my answer is always: "I can't decide which one is the best, just which one fits the best to me". You have to ask yourself what you need and to decide what you want.

The best solution would be LockInfo 4, which allows the user to set and customize almost everything, and also has plugins and integrates widgets, but because of it incompatibility with iOS6 you have to chose one of these.

• If you want to have a lot of control with a fixed lock screen, built-in viewer options, but with a little customization, then pick LockInfo 5.
  • If you want to have a lock screen,(which you can swipe off) with a lot of customization and swipeable screens for social media, mails and RSS feeds, then choose IntelliScreenX 6.
  • If you just want the notification center in you lock screen with many small design features, then choose Bulletin.

PS: I created a "small" picture with screenshots :p

Attachments

• LS copy.jpg
    LS copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
@fb2 - very well done! thank you for taking the time to do this

I hope I can help people with it. I was also confused when I jailbreaked my iPhone after 5 month and I didn't know which I should use.
The bigest problem is, everybody shows different screenshots from different apps and tweaks with different setups, so I decided to create a picture where you can compare all 3 apps with the same setup, widgets and notifications in the apps :)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
About LockInfo: is there a way to get rid of the filter bar on the lockscreen? I can't stand it

I think you mean those which I marked.

LI 1 LS post.png

No, you can't remove it.

You can just install 3rd party tweaks or winterboard themes to make it invisible, but note that it will not adjust its height and stay there. That doesn't look good, I tried it.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
May i know what 3rd party tweaks did u use? I also cant stand the filter bar.

I think I tried almost every tweak and every theme which is in Cydia :p
"NoLockNotificationsBG", "Transparent Pack iOS 6.1" and "Absolute Transparency" are the best of all of the stuff in Cydia.
But trust me, you'll get an very ugly screen, because there still grey overlays. And even if you get rid of them, they're still there and it's not very functional for you and I can't recommend it anybody.

It would be awesome if the filterbar could always stay on the top under the weather widget and if it would show everything to the bottom of the screen without the ugly slide-to-unlock part... but that's not possible and I don't think the developer will change LockInfo -.-

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I remember how In love I was with lockinfo 4 until I went through my crazy battery drain paranoia phase, and after my third restore as new lockinfo never made it back on my device!
I'm a bulletin guy now.
I don't have any experience with it but I kinda sense that I don't like LI5

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I remember how In love I was with lockinfo 4 until I went through my crazy battery drain paranoia phase, and after my third restore as new lockinfo never made it back on my device!
I'm a bulletin guy now.
I don't have any experience with it but I kinda sense that I don't like LI5

i-know-that-feel-bro-l.png

Just the same. I'm still in love with LockInfo 4. I would even go back to iOS5.1.1 and sacrifice almost every app and tweak, but unfortunately thats not possible -.-

That sounds weird, but even though I tested Intelliscreenx, Lockinfo, Bulletin and the Notification Center in Lockscreen with Springtomize, I still don't know which I should chose... I have all of them installed and hope for good updates, but I also mainly use Bulletin.

You would definitely hate LI5

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who was really into Lockinfo on iOS 5 should keep an eye on it still—Ashman has said that many of the older features will be reintroduced due to user demand.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR