Has Cydia completely crashed on anybody else?

lomenciad

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the Evasi0n jailbreak on my 4S (6.1) and it went into safety mode. Eventually it shut down. When I restarted, it was on the Apple logo for several minutes. Now when I try to open Cydia it force closes. Any ideas?

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Not what you want to hear I would bet, but your best bet may just be restore and start again. (I doubt it'd do much but I'd even download the evasi0n app again)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Try opening the task switcher kill Cydia and any other JB apps. Reboot the phone and then try to launch Cydia. If it opens my suggestion would be to un-install all the JB apps wait for another day when Cydia is not being hit so hard and is more stable then re-install all your apps. If after the reboot Cydia still doesn't open like chadec said restore while Apple hasn't put out an update and re-JB then wait for a day to install the JB apps.

lomenciad

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Bah! I figured that's what I'd have to do. It was really odd. Everything ran fine yesterday and last night, and then this morning it randomly did this. I hope it holds this time.

lomenciad

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Mostly common ones. I did install an htc clock tweak this morning, right before I had the problems. I got Cydia to open (in safe mode) and removed it. Then I killed Cydia, restarted and my phone is stuck on the apple logo...again.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Force restart it. The hanging up on the apple logo is a known Evasi0n issue that should get addressed soon

lomenciad

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I just removed Activator and everything went back to normal. Restarted my phone, the logo came up and after a couple of minutes it's back up and running fine (seemingly). I wouldn't have thought it would be activator, since I installed that yesterday shortly after I installed jailbreak.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd be hard pressed to believe it's activator. I have that running on my iPad and phone with zero issues.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually not that surprised I remember back when the JB was just released for iOS 5 there were people who had the same sort of issue with Activator. I would say depending on how important Activator is to you backup the iPhone reload the OS and redo the JB. If Activator is not that important then don't worry about it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods