Repeat text alert

westernk

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I have turned the message preview on lock screen to "off" . (10 recent items, banners & badge app icon are enabled)
I have enabled 10 repeat alerts but only get 1 notification when a text comes in.
The only way to get 10 alerts is if I turn the preview on lock screen to "on"
Is there anyway to get repeat alerts when the lock screen preview is set to
"Off"

westernk

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Alli. Your probably have the "show preview" set to off . I have that set to off too.
What I also have is the "view in lock screen" set to off
Can u try both as above and let me know if u still get 10 alerts until you check your text message?

westernk

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Darn I took messages out of notification center and still get just 1 alert when view In lock screen is turned off. Alli is there anyway I can send u a snapshot of my message setttings?. (I am on ios 6.1 by the way)

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If I recall correctly, when you get multiple text message tones you need to power to phone off and turn it back on. This means holding the power button until you see the slide to power off prompt. Then slide to power off.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sure - upload a screenie of your settings here.

I'm auto-lock after 5. Sounds like our settings are virtually identical. A reset is always a good idea when things aren't happening like you think they should. It cures the majority of iOS ailments.

westernk

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok I think I forgot to attach in the 1st reply. Should be here now I hope

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    128 KB · Views: 11
  • image_Final.png
    image_Final.png
    128 KB · Views: 13

westernk

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
"View In Lock screen" set to on is why it's workin for ya.
All I want is my iPhone to keep alerting me via sound that I have a text message to read..... but I don't want any info displaying on my screen (i.e who its from or what's in the body of the message).
I don't think it's too hard to ask from a smartphone.
I hope this gets looked into in the next update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro