Is it recommended to update to 6.1

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I wanna jb and I was wondering is it recommended to upgrade to the new ios I heard that the new jailbreak will still b covering 6.1 but should I do it over air as in through wifi?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I wanna jb and I was wondering is it recommended to upgrade to the new ios I heard that the new jailbreak will still b covering 6.1 but should I do it over air as in through wifi?

There is no jailbreak available for iOS 6.1 yet. So it's NOT recomended

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
If you already have 6.0 or later, yes. If you have 5.1.1, no not yet. If you have another older software version, well it depends.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
WiFi update could mess up your chances of restoring 6.1 and the jailbreak if something goes wrong in the future whenever iOS 6.1.1/7/whatever comes out.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
WiFi update could mess up your chances of restoring 6.1 and the jailbreak if something goes wrong in the future whenever iOS 6.1.1/7/whatever comes out.

That actually turned out to be not true. Devs say you can update ota.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Battery life on ios 6.1 is just hideous. Plus my friend has a bug that disables her message tones from making a sound

My battery life has increased on 6.1. The betas were average for me, but I got about an hour more on the release build of 6.1. As for beta 1 of 6.1.1, I've lost about 20 minutes.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on ios 6.1 is just hideous. Plus my friend has a bug that disables her message tones from making a sound

Well Sekelani, I beg to differ, in my battery life has improved ridiculously. It takes A LOT more time to go from 100% to even 98% which never happened on 6.0.1/6.0.2 it would go down after just a few minutes.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Only if you need to, battery life is horrible for me too, I restored as new, lost all my settings, game data, and tons of other stuff, and my battery life still was horrible. This was one of the reasons I returned my GS3, and it wasn't as bad as this..:eek:

Lozenger19

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is great. Always has been. I'm on the new iOS software

Charge iphone over night and it lasts 14 hours (18 if I let it run down completely)

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has increased on 6.1. The betas were average for me, but I got about an hour more on the release build of 6.1. As for beta 1 of 6.1.1, I've lost about 20 minutes.
Ive always had bad battery life with my iPhone 5 from the beginning. I set up has new with just about everything off but still. So I returned it twice but still its terrible.
No idea what to do, even when i updates my software it still had bad battery

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Ive always had bad battery life with my iPhone 5 from the beginning. I set up has new with just about everything off but still. So I returned it twice but still its terrible.
No idea what to do, even when i updates my software it still had bad battery

It's you then. You need to check your human chemical composition.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
It's you then. You need to check your human chemical composition.

iPhone 5/iOS6.1 battery problems are widespread and well documented, if my phone could not go more than 5 hours on a full charge, when bone stock and set up as new, then there's a problem.

But, "it just works"..:rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73