I want to delete the downloaded software update

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Help! My iPhone 5 prompted me to update my phone to 6.1 didn't notice it really just clicked details then exit. When i got back it has finished the download and now wanting me to install it. But I can't update my phone. Because my phone uses GPP sim. If i update it. It will be locked again and cannot be used on my current carrier.

My questions are,
1. Can i delete the downloaded update?
2. When I plug my phone on itunes will it automatically install the update?
3. How can i disable ALL software update notifications envolving my iPhone?

Thanks in Advance! Appreciate your replies!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It will not do it automatically. You will be prompted. Just make sure you read before clicking anything.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Help! My iPhone 5 prompted me to update my phone to 6.1 didn't notice it really just clicked details then exit. When i got back it has finished the download and now wanting me to install it. But I can't update my phone. Because my phone uses GPP sim. If i update it. It will be locked again and cannot be used on my current carrier.

My questions are,
1. Can i delete the downloaded update?
2. When I plug my phone on itunes will it automatically install the update?
3. How can i disable ALL software update notifications envolving my iPhone?

Thanks in Advance! Appreciate your replies!

You can delete the downloaded ipsw just search the net for where the update is stored on Windows. Then go there and delete the 6.1 ipsw.
You can stop the prompt for updates by editing your host file so iTunes doesn't look to Apple's servers. Go to the link in my sig.

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to hide that Software update on settings? So that no one will see it even me.

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
But I can delete the ipsw file so that it will require me to redownload the update again? So that no one can accidentally click that install that update

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
But I can delete the ipsw file so that it will require me to redownload the update again? So that no one can accidentally click that install that update

If you're talking about iTunes on Mac/PC - yes you can delete the file. LINK
If you're talking OTA update - I've no idea, I've never done over the air action...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

As for the hosts file Massie had an easier idea rather than getting into the complicated task of editing the host file
Use Tiny Umbrella(TU)
For anyone using TU...check the "set hosts to Cydia" box in the Advanced settings in TU
If you ever want an official Apple update you uncheck it.

If you're still into editing the hosts file the info is below

Editing the hosts file
If you're on a Mac follow this link host file editing
When in the hosts file put this in
74.20.xxx.xxx gs.apple.com
127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

If you're on Windows
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Open it in notepad and edit, you must have admin privileges or you wont be able to save your edited file. If you're unable to save it after the edit save it with a different name in the same location. Then get admin privilege and you can rename the old one hosts1 and rename the alternate you just created hosts

A sample of my hosts file near the bottom

::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost
74.20.xxx.xxx gs.apple.com
127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
I'm a little rusty on editing the hosts file so excuse me on any mistakes in the process this is why using Tiny Umbrella might be a much easier way to do it.

iDonev has already given you links for finding the ipsw on your machine and as far as I know you can't prevent the update from showing up in Settings for OTA update. I didn't realize that is what you meant by your question.

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the replies! really appreciate it :) one last question, does someone here can confirm that the GPP sim that can be used on iOS 6.0.2 can be supported on 6.1 as well?

naresh sunny

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
my iphone is running on ios 7.0.2 version,today i have got a sudden notification on settings ,seems ios 7.0.4 software is ready to update,i really dont know how it was dowloaded.
Now i want to remove this dowloaded file, i dont want to upgrade it.
Please help me any one.
Actually i have used turbo chip for unlock.(# turbo chip means a chip which is attached with the SIM card for unlock processing,not a factory unlock.)
Is there any problem will occur with this upgradation?
please help me , actually iam new to iphone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW