App Store shows an update, but no updates shown

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
So, my venerable Droid X finally passed to the wrong side of the reliability vs replacement cost scale, and I now own an iPhone 5 (16GB, black) on Verizon.

The App Store icon is now badged for an available update, and within the app, the Update tab is likewise badged for an available update. But when I go there, there are no updates listed. Screen shot:
IMG_0019.PNG
As you can see, there is also no spinner to indicate it's still thinking about it.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that is the screen shot. Any ideas as to why it's empty when the badging says there's something to update?

First, make sure you update to iOS 6.1. That has fixed the issue for many. If that doesn't fix it, close the App Store in the app switcher and then reopen it. This will refresh the page and show your updates.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
First, make sure you update to iOS 6.1. That has fixed the issue for many. If that doesn't fix it, close the App Store in the app switcher and then reopen it. This will refresh the page and show your updates.
Ok, so it's a known bug with the App Store app.

I'm holding off on the 6.1 update for the moment, I want to look at the state of jailbreak first. My iPod Touch and iPad 2 are both jailbroke, both of those are on iOS5, and there is functionality I want to bring over to the iPhone.

I have ended the app via the app switcher and switched tabs within the app, all to no effect.

UPDATE: I checked the forums here on the state of jailbreak, and since it looks like most authors are waiting for 6.1 themselves, I went ahead and updated. The badge is now gone, and the list of Purchased Apps is now there in the Update tab.

Last edited:

1HotPhoenix

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
If you only have 1 update but it does not show up on app store updates, uninstall the last app you installed before you recieved notification. Sometimes the string code during download gets messed up. after uninstall try reinstalling the app. Hope this works for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2