READ THIS! I think I got a theory on the future of iOS

dfbjyoo

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, so with all the iPhone 5s and iOS 7 rumors coming out (not surprisingly), mainly the ones about the 4.8inch iPhone Math some people are reporting to have been seen around the factories and the recently new articles about Apple's job listing for wanting someone to work on the new APIs and Framework for the next iOS. Well I've been thinking about how all these rumors and headlines are connected. What if these rumors all lead to not the iPhone 5s, which is pretty much a guarantee this year, but for the iPhone 6 (or whatever they call it) for next year (or for possible years to come). Hear me out.

Remember when Steve Jobs first announced the first gen iPhone back in 2007. He said that the phone ran OS X (technically iOS is a derived from OS X, so this is on some level true). Well the Mac OS X is almost done with its cycle pretty soon, meaning that after OS 10.9 this year, they'll probably be releasing OS XI sometime around next year (I mean, its not like they can come out with an OS 10.10, which is technically OS 10.1, so this wouldn't be grammatically correct). And, I'm assuming that the next Mac OS will probably (and hopefully) run with a new UI. And since iOS derives from the Mac OS, iOS 8 (or whatever they call it), it would definitely derive from the new Mac OS for a new UI, and would probably be coming out during the same time. iOS 8 This would probably tie in with the Apple job listing for someone who can work on a new framework and API for a future iOS (presumably iOS 8).

Now how does this relate to the 4.8 inch iPhone? Well, as Rene Richie has said countless times before in podcasts and articles, Apple would say that they would or would never doe something (*cough* iPad mini) but sometimes end up doing it anyway. For example, Apple said that they would never do a 7 inch tablet, but came out with one anyway. Also, back in 2012, when Tim Cook was being interviewed on AllThingsDigital, he slammed any rumors of a 4 inch iPhone, saying that 3.5 inches was the perfect size according to Apple. Yet, they did it anyway with the iPhone 5. And recently, Tim Cook attempted to lay to rest of these 4.8 inch iPhone rumors, saying that Apple chose the right size at 4 inches. Now, if things go how I predict, Apple will eventually come out with the 4.8 inch iPhone probably next year or for the years to come. Now, Apple just doesn't go and do things for the hell of it. They're very precise and meticulous, meaning that they must have some reason for making the iPhone screen bigger. And that reason could possibly be the new iOS 8 with the possible new UI.

At first, I thought this theory was fricken crazy! But as I thought about it more and more, it kind of made more sense. So, to conclude my post, this is my theory on the future of iOS (and Mac OS) and quiet possibly, the future for Apple. Also, I think that making Jony Ive design the UI was a good choice, since he'll probably design something clean, simple, and exciting. Anyways, tell me what you all think about this. Is it possible, crazy, just fricken BS,etc. I wanna hear your opinions about this.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, so with all the iPhone 5s and iOS 7 rumors coming out (not surprisingly), mainly the ones about the 4.8inch iPhone Math some people are reporting to have been seen around the factories and the recently new articles about Apple's job listing for wanting someone to work on the new APIs and Framework for the next iOS. Well I've been thinking about how all these rumors and headlines are connected. What if these rumors all lead to not the iPhone 5s, which is pretty much a guarantee this year, but for the iPhone 6 (or whatever they call it) for next year (or for possible years to come). Hear me out.

Remember when Steve Jobs first announced the first gen iPhone back in 2007. He said that the phone ran OS X (technically iOS is a derived from OS X, so this is on some level true). Well the Mac OS X is almost done with its cycle pretty soon, meaning that after OS 10.9 this year, they'll probably be releasing OS XI sometime around next year (I mean, its not like they can come out with an OS 10.10, which is technically OS 10.1, so this wouldn't be grammatically correct). And, I'm assuming that the next Mac OS will probably (and hopefully) run with a new UI. And since iOS derives from the Mac OS, iOS 8 (or whatever they call it), it would definitely derive from the new Mac OS for a new UI, and would probably be coming out during the same time. iOS 8 This would probably tie in with the Apple job listing for someone who can work on a new framework and API for a future iOS (presumably iOS 8).

Now how does this relate to the 4.8 inch iPhone? Well, as Rene Richie has said countless times before in podcasts and articles, Apple would say that they would or would never doe something (*cough* iPad mini) but sometimes end up doing it anyway. For example, Apple said that they would never do a 7 inch tablet, but came out with one anyway. Also, back in 2012, when Tim Cook was being interviewed on AllThingsDigital, he slammed any rumors of a 4 inch iPhone, saying that 3.5 inches was the perfect size according to Apple. Yet, they did it anyway with the iPhone 5. And recently, Tim Cook attempted to lay to rest of these 4.8 inch iPhone rumors, saying that Apple chose the right size at 4 inches. Now, if things go how I predict, Apple will eventually come out with the 4.8 inch iPhone probably next year or for the years to come. Now, Apple just doesn't go and do things for the hell of it. They're very precise and meticulous, meaning that they must have some reason for making the iPhone screen bigger. And that reason could possibly be the new iOS 8 with the possible new UI.

At first, I thought this theory was fricken crazy! But as I thought about it more and more, it kind of made more sense. So, to conclude my post, this is my theory on the future of iOS (and Mac OS) and quiet possibly, the future for Apple. Also, I think that making Jony Ive design the UI was a good choice, since he'll probably design something clean, simple, and exciting. Anyways, tell me what you all think about this. Is it possible, crazy, just fricken BS,etc. I wanna hear your opinions about this.

I think they are just prototyping the 4.8 inch screen and it is nothing more. They have multiple iPhones they test and I think they will make a larger size for the iPhone 6 next year not just a stretched out iPhone 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2