Auto dial conference bridge number & access code?

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Did a search for this question and wasn't able to find anything.

With my old BlackBerry, when someone sent me an appointment for a conference call, they put the conference call-in number followed by the conference bridge number in the subject (i.e., 800-555-1234 x9876543). With the BB, I could click on the 800#, then the BB would pause and then enter the bridge number automatically - I never had to dial a single digit.

Is there a way to do this with an iPhone? We use Outlook 2007 at work, so many appointments will be sent from that to attendees, but some folks do set the up from the iPhone as well. If there are special fields to be used to accomplish the same task as above, can someone please share that knowledge?

Thanks!

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
AHA, search the internet long enough and you find answers (and of course they are all true....nothing on the internet is false, right? /sarcasm).

I found the answer here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3551225?start=0&tstart=0

You use the format of conferencebridge,conferenceaccesscode# So something like this in the subject line of the appointment: 800-555-1234,9876543#

Each comma is a 2 second pause, so need to play with it a bit to get the right length of time before the access code is auto dialed.

Yay! I feel productive. Can I go home now?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Instead of commas, if you use the semicolon - that is a "hard-pause" - so one would have to hit the 'dial' button to enter the conference number once connected.

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I use an App called "Dial My Meeting." Very easy for conference call dialing. It searches your calendar invites for meeting codes, and dials them for you. And you can set an override if your invites have a participant code, but the host code is different. I find bouncing back and forth between the calendar invite and the phone dial pad a problem, as I often forget the string of numbers. This solves that issue for me.

pkp3

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
There is an app called MobileDay which pulls data from your calendar so you can just click a button and it will dial you in.

Piyush