Reminders App

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This past week, I've set up a daily reminder to go off at the end of my work day. Not once have I been reminded of the task that I put on there.

Am I missing something or is the Reminders App not meant to actually notify you of the tasks I put in?

I was thinking of using my calendar as a reminder of sorts, but I don't like cluttering it up. Any insight on how to fix my reminders app so that it actually reminds me of something, rather than me going into the app, mad that it didn't remind me?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you specified a time for the notification AND set the type of notification in the settings menu then the app should work in the manner you mentioned. It has always worked for me.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I wish I had suggestions but I stopped using the native Reminders app, which had been terrible in my experience; never going off, not reliable, etc. I recommend going to the App Store and getting ALARMED - which has been (IMO) the very best reminders/to-do app for iOS for the past couple of years. I can't survive without it. Part of the reason I could never completely leave iOS is because of this app.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
As much as I think Reminders needs a lot of work, the one thing I can say in its defense is that the alerts /notifications work well.

Good Luck

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, everyone.

If you specified a time for the notification AND set the type of notification in the settings menu then the app should work in the manner you mentioned. It has always worked for me.

Ironically, I went into the Settings tab and noticed that everything was set accordingly. Ever since then, the reminder has gone off without a hitch. I guess the phone just needed a little reminder itself.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, everyone.

Ironically, I went into the Settings tab and noticed that everything was set accordingly. Ever since then, the reminder has gone off without a hitch. I guess the phone just needed a little reminder itself.
(laughing)....I hear ya. All that matters is that it is now working for you, my friend so enjoy it...:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73