6.0.2 Untethered Jailbreak Update

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it is a very frustrating cycle, that is for sure. jailbreak... wait for the next exploit before you update to the next OS (repeat process)

i have already accepted the fact that if i want more customization then get an android and you'll have most of those features you desire right out of the box

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
it is a very frustrating cycle, that is for sure. jailbreak... wait for the next exploit before you update to the next OS (repeat process)

i have already accepted the fact that if i want more customization then get an android and you'll have most of those features you desire right out of the box

Yep. I can live without but would obviously love to have it. I actually sent Tim Cook an email this morning asking him to consider adding a Gatekeeper type function to iOS, so I'm sure he'll be getting on it soon anyway.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I can live without but would obviously love to have it. I actually sent Tim Cook an email this morning asking him to consider adding a Gatekeeper type function to iOS, so I'm sure he'll be getting on it soon anyway.

Ha! My hopes exactly! I've been clamoring for Gatekeeper on iOS ever since they introduced it in OS X.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So iirc planet being actually has 4 exploits running on his device right now?
Why are we concerned about a singular "silver bullet exploit"?
Seems like there is already more than one

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So iirc planet being actually has 4 exploits running on his device right now?
Why are we concerned about a singular "silver bullet exploit"?
Seems like there is already more than one

Basically, not all bugs are created equal and they would prefer to save certain ones to make future jailbreaks and development easier. There's a great article about it all up at techcrunch right now: Behind The Scenes Of The iPhone 5 Jailbreak | TechCrunch

That said, Planetbeing announced a bit of progress tonight on twitter: "Tons of progress the last few days. I think the future is looking bright for jailbreaking. :)

So it's looking good!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Basically, not all bugs are created equal and they would prefer to save certain ones to make future jailbreaks and development easier. There's a great article about it all up at techcrunch right now: Behind The Scenes Of The iPhone 5 Jailbreak | TechCrunch

That said, Planetbeing announced a bit of progress tonight on twitter: "Tons of progress the last few days. I think the future is looking bright for jailbreaking. :)

So it's looking good!

i "read" that article, but it was at 3 am after one of my more difficult shifts lately and im not sure i actually understood anything....
but it seemed like it answered all the questions i might have ever had....
so im going to read it again... tonight, at 3am...

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

So it's looking good!

Massie, please ignore my question to you in a different thread asking about updates on iP5 jailbreak. Just saw this. Thanks for posting!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Screenshots of what Massie reported and pod2g's comment:

havudemu.jpg

su5esagy.jpg

quicksilver53

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

That is why I went over to Android two years ago. I just picked up an iPod 5th gen last week and am giving Apple another go.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods