Can't jailbreak iPod Touch 2G 4.2.1 MC Model

anon(5527120)

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried using Green Poison first but got a warning saying "Low Memory" while Cydia download reached 45% and started extracting. After that, when I tried running Cydia, I got a message saying 'Initializing Filesystem' and then it crashed.

I then tried using Snowbreeze but I got an error when I did Shift + Restore and chose the snowbreeze firmware (error code 3194).

I finally tried using Redsnow 0.9.14b2 but it got stuck on "exploiting using steak4uce".

What should I do?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried using Green Poison first but got a warning saying "Low Memory" while Cydia download reached 45% and started extracting. After that, when I tried running Cydia, I got a message saying 'Initializing Filesystem' and then it crashed.

I then tried using Snowbreeze but I got an error when I did Shift + Restore and chose the snowbreeze firmware (error code 3194).

I finally tried using Redsnow 0.9.14b2 but it got stuck on "exploiting using steak4uce".

What should I do?

I've jailbroken one of these and it can only be done using Greenpoision, I remember that when I did mine there are two types Greenpoision RC 4 and RC 6.1.

RC 6.1 does 4.2.1 and RC4 does 4.1.

The above error code you have from iTunes is due to you restore to a previous version of IOS and apple isn't signing it anymore.

I would do a fresh restore via iTunes, then jailbreak with RC 6.1. Then restore from your back up.

By the way it does take a long time when it is installing Cydia. You really need to wait a long time with touching anything.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JDavidH60

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have tried to jailbreak my touch 2g with no success. I cannot find greenpoison. I have used ireb, snowbreeze, whited00r, all to no avail. I never have any problem restoring to the apple firmware, but when I try to jailbreak or use whited00r, I always get some error message; either 32, 1600, 1601 or 1604. On the occasion where whited00r does work, everything will be doing fine until the end, when it loops back and asks me to restore again. I have taken a screen capture of what that looks like, as you will see in the attachment.

Also, does anyone know about bluetooth on the ipod 2g? Mine can never find devices.

Attachments

• What I see after whitedoor restore.png
    What I see after whitedoor restore.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 4

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Picture means iPod is in dfu mode. You may need to downgrade your version of iTunes to make it compatible with Greenp0ison

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro