iOS DO NOT DISTURB GLITCH

joebromley

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As reported by the verge and mac rumours there's a cheeky little glitch this new year in relation to the do not disturb feature in iOS 6.

I've broke down how it is effecting your iDevices and got a nice little fix sorted for you all.

<A href="http://ijoeb.blogspot.co.uk/">Details Here</a>

iJoe

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What exactly did you break down? Easier to simply point out to everyone that if your DND stays on, manually turn it off, disable your set time, and reset it. You hardly needed to point to a tiny blog post to do that.

I still have more than an hour to see if my DND clears itself or not.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
My DND went off as usual on both iPhone 5 and iPad mini. Only saw one person on Twitter encounter the issue.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine also functioned as it should. No issue here.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine also functioned as it should. No issue here.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

+1....No problems on my end either. Happy New Year, by the way. :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
+1....No problems on my end either. Happy New Year, by the way. :)

You too my friend.

joebromley

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What exactly did you break down? Easier to simply point out to everyone that if your DND stays on, manually turn it off, disable your set time, and reset it. You hardly needed to point to a tiny blog post to do that.

I still have more than an hour to see if my DND clears itself or not.

Point to a tiny blog? Harsh! Apologies for informing people through a channel that I use. I have posted a link on other forums so what's point in writing same msg about it. Or just post a link to my blog where I had already written it.

As for a minor issue, it might not be for you, however it's now lead story on this website, mac rumours and the verge, so a few people must be affected.

Apologies that I did not live up to how you would of completed this task but I am new to the blogging game and hopefully I've helped some people today.

Thanks for negative feedback though

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Don't get your panties in a wad. I said tiny blog POST, not tiny blog. Regardless of how many people are covering the story as front page news, if you can get the word out in a forum post in a few sentences - do so. If your attraction to your forum post is as long as the blog post, it would have been just as easy to copy/paste from the forum post. Covered in a single simple sentence for a forum.

But yes, I see the thousands responding to this thread that they had the glitch.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeh. Might have something to do with popularity of these forums. Mac rumours - 177 comments. The verge - 117.
You're not going to win friends or influence people by behaving as you are towards a moderator, and generally peeing in the pool with comments like this one...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Wait, what's the issue? I haven't noticed any glitch.

my iPad DND schedule did not turn off DND as scheduled... my iPhone 4S did... but, now if I go in and set a schedule for the very immediate future ( like on 2 minutes from present time and off again 2 minutes later) the schedule fails to execute at all. Yes, there's an issue - just because you don't see it does not mean the issue does not exist.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
my iPad DND schedule did not turn off DND as scheduled... my iPhone 4S did... but, now if I go in and set a schedule for the very immediate future ( like on 2 minutes from present time and off again 2 minutes later) the schedule fails to execute at all. Yes, there's an issue - just because you don't see it does not mean the issue does not exist.

I never said it didn't exist. I simply just asked what the issue was because I haven't noticed it. I don't use it on a schedule. I turn it on and off manually.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I never said it didn't exist. I simply just asked what the issue was because I haven't noticed it. I don't use it on a schedule. I turn it on and off manually.

Now you know... you could maybe even try a scheduled on/off and see if you can actually see the issue for yourself so you'll know it exists first hand rather than by just hearsay :rolleyes:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Now you know... you could maybe even try a scheduled on/off and see if you can actually see the issue for yourself so you'll know it exists first hand rather than by just hearsay :rolleyes:

I believe you it does exist. I don't use DND that way so no need for me try to replicate the issue. I prefer to turn it on and off when I'm ready to.

danib62

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For people who did experience the bug what time do you set DND to go on and off? I experienced the bug. My scheduled DND time is 1:00 am to 6:30 am. Tonight on my phone it also didn't turn on at 1 am as it was set. I reset my phone and the scheduling and hope that tomorrow everything will be back to normal. I hope this issue isn't persistant...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems some people are alittle crabby today's maybe too much drinking lol

I don't use Dnd but good to know

Happy new year all

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

PeterMillard

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem only my iPad Mini. Upgraded to iOS 6.0.2 but didn't make any difference. FWIW DND is scheduled from 2230 to 0545 - I've just switched DND off manually for now <shrug>

Edit: OK, I take it all back - I also have this issue on my iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1). Weird.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro