DIY iPhone 4 Screen Help - Negative color on power up

cl8baller

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am working on an iPhone 4, I am trying to replace the screen, I have taken the device apart and reassembled it a few times with the old and new screen.

The issue with the old screen was that it was cracked and being held together by a 3M privacy screen, I purchased a new screen on eBay from a what seems to be reputable enough eBay seller.

The new screen once reassemble, will sometimes not turn on, the device is on, I test this by hooking it onto a computer and waiting for a sound confirmation that it is connected.

In the event the device does turn on the screen shows a negative, fading white to the right. Other times I will just get a green line on the right side.

When I apply a small level of pressure when I start the device it turns negative. This also happens when I place a small-thin piece of foam between the ribbon connector and the shield.

The old screen still works when I remove the old screen.

Any ideas? I will post pictures on request.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Defective screen if old one works new doesn't simple ..

Try screens from amazon I have used them in past without problem

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed with Peligro911. This is a hardware issue, not jailbreak related.

I was going to suggest that this thread should be moved to the Mod/DIY forum only to find out the recent forum shuffle has dropped it. Oh well. :D

xkon

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm the meantime, you could go into general -> accessibility and turn on invert screen. I set my triple home button click to this when my 4 had this intermittent problem. Mine was replaced by apple though eventually, it was an odd issue indeed.

cl8baller

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Defective screen if old one works new doesn't simple ..

Try screens from amazon I have used them in past without problem

So it had something to do with a defected screen and I purchased a new one from an Amazon seller.

I notice a difference when reassembling the device and how the ribbon connector for the screen fit a lot tighter than the first screen I purchased.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So it had something to do with a defected screen and I purchased a new one from an Amazon seller.

I notice a difference when reassembling the device and how the ribbon connector for the screen fit a lot tighter than the first screen I purchased.

Good to hear

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox