How to unlock a Sprint iPhone 4 To a Verizon phone? HELP!!!

Lacey Lingan

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I recently Switched my iPhone 4s With an IPhone 4 because an iPhone 4s requires a sim card and Verizon doesn't really use sim cards. So I looked up how to Switch a Sprint iPhone 4 to other carriers but I only found videos for how to switch a 4s so Please Help !!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It can't be done. Verizon and Sprint are both CDMA carriers and must "provision" a phone to work on their network. Both refuse to provision any other carrier's phones.

If you want to use Sprint - get a Sprint phone. If you want to use Verizon - get a Verizon phone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I recently Switched my iPhone 4s With an IPhone 4 because an iPhone 4s requires a sim card and Verizon doesn't really use sim cards. So I looked up how to Switch a Sprint iPhone 4 to other carriers but I only found videos for how to switch a 4s so Please Help !!!

Dittos to what Alli said... plus, the SIM cards in Verizon iPhones are for International GSM services on iPhone 4S, and for that & LTE on the iPhone5.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Can't because Verizon and sprint won't add the meid number to each other network so even if it could work they won't allow it ..

Only option is get sprint service or get phone flashed to a carrier like cricket

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
HI my aunth brouth me an iphon 4s am in kenya and i cant unlock they are saying sprint cant be unlocked help me plz
Sprint international capable phones can be unlocked by Sprint:

Sprint said:
In order to have a Sprint international capable phone unlocked for international use it must be active on the account for a minimum of 90 days with good payment history. Additionally Account Spending Limit (ASL) accounts are not authorized for phone unlocking until 18 months of services with 12 months on-time payments.

However, since you have the phone in Kenya, that won't be possible.

There may be ways to flash the phone so it will work in Kenya. Post on the jailbreaking and unlocking forum and ask.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It can't be done. Verizon and Sprint are both CDMA carriers and must "provision" a phone to work on their network. Both refuse to provision any other carrier's phones.

If you want to use Sprint - get a Sprint phone. If you want to use Verizon - get a Verizon phone.

in this case I believe you but where theres a will there's a way

webOSnation we wanted the pre2 on sprint so bad it came down to switching out the comm board from a Sprint pre- and a Verizon pre2 which were hardware compatible and creating a custom meta-script and we were able to get a Verizon phone running on Sprint without there knowledge....

how different are the sprint and Verizon iPhones???

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Actually for a Sprint iPhone 4 it can be done. I accidently found it out while trying to flash my Sprint iPhone to PagePlus. You just have to change the SPC to six zeros (000000), and use a Verizon Carrier Bundle instead of Sprint (requires jailbreaking). Then just dial *22888 and let it finish. :)

Also, there are companies out there trying to scam people by making them believe that you can only change the iPhone's data settings by using their $100+ software. That's a lie. Carrier bundles include the data APNS. Just flash and go!

Cheers!

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Actually for a Sprint iPhone 4 it can be done. I accidently found it out while trying to flash my Sprint iPhone to PagePlus. You just have to change the SPC to six zeros (000000), and use a Verizon Carrier Bundle instead of Sprint (requires jailbreaking). Then just dial *22888 and let it finish. :)

Also, there are companies out there trying to scam people by making them believe that you can only change the iPhone's data settings by using their $100+ software. That's a lie. Carrier bundles include the data APNS. Just flash and go!

So the ESN/IMEI number of the device doesn't have to be in Verizon's database for the phone to be able to be used on Verizon's network?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So the ESN/IMEI number of the device doesn't have to be in Verizon's database for the phone to be able to be used on Verizon's network?

It does. Sprint/Verizon iPhone4 devices can be hacked to work on other CDMA networks as prepaid devices... but Verizon will never activate an iPhone on their network that was not OEM supplied by Apple for use on Verizon.

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply, but after I activated with PagePlus, I guess it added the MEID to Verizon's database, because activating with *22898 and even online @ vzw.com/activate worked for me.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought Sprint was CDMA and Verizon was GSM or something like that. That's why you couldn't get a Sprint phone on the Verizon network and vise versa.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
so my iphone4 from verizon I am trying to unlock, then carrier unlock it…. help???

Verizon's iPhone4 didn't come with a SIM slot. This means it is only able to work on CDMA networks. There isn't a "carrier unlock" for this. There's no help anyone can provide you, unfortunately =/

I thought Sprint was CDMA and Verizon was GSM or something like that. That's why you couldn't get a Sprint phone on the Verizon network and vise versa.

They're both CDMA. The reason why you can't get on each other's networks was already posted. GSM requires an a new SIM card the phone will recognize. An unlocked GSM phone can easily be switched between carriers simply by switching the SIM. CDMA requires the network to recognize the phone. It's something like a permanent SIM. The phone will ALWAYS have the same "SIM" meaning different carriers have to choose to acknowledge this "SIM" or not. Sprint and Verizon have refused to do so. It's a matter of business, not the phone's technology in this situation.

Gabriel Dashan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It is not 100% true. Most of Sprint iPhones4 CAN be used on Verizon's network

You can easily check is your phone can be used on Verizon or not.

Thanks to Verizon, they provide on-line ESN eligibility check in service:

Check Your Device

All you have to do- enter your ESN or IMEID

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh