December 22nd untethered iOS6 / iPhone 5 Jailbreak- hoax or reality?

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm just a newb, but I have been reading a lot about fake JB websites. I personally think that I will wait and see how it goes for everyone else before I try it out. If it is indeed real, I'm sure that people will comb through it with a fine-toothed comb, and if it's not legit, people will probably be screaming.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
They should've released it on the 20th!! That way we can enjoy it for a day before the apocalypse :D
Now seriously, I highly doubt it's legit. Do what AmpedPotato said: hold off on it for a few hours/days and see how things pan out.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's a hoax but I'd love for it to be real for two reasons: 1. I really want my iPhone 5 jailbroken. 2. I'd really like to see some of the jailbreak community humbled a little.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
A lot of legit sites are reporting on dreamjb. They approach it with skepticism and caution but at least they report it. I prefer to see things reported with a warning and judge for myself. The front lobes of my brain controlling judgement are still functioning. You?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The front lobes of my brain controlling judgement are still functioning. You?
Quite well. I'm quite satisfied with iMore's coverage of jailbreak news. It may not always be first, but it's always truthful. I'll take truth over first and false any day.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Quite well. I'm quite satisfied with iMore's coverage of jailbreak news. It may not always be first, but it's always truthful. I'll take truth over first and false any day.

Like The Dan Patrick show says, "first and wrong is still first". Must be everyone else's modo too.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

For big news I agree. But you have to admit they lack when it comes to specific apps. They used to. When was the last time they wrote a story on a jailbreak tweak? Now compare that to the plethora of stories for App Store apps.

Just as an aside: I'm cool with the way things are. If they don't have the talent/time/reader interest for these stories, they should stick to big news. There are plenty of jailbreak-exclusive blogs out there that complement iMore quite well. ;)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You are allowed to be a fan of this site and still read others though.
Really? Gee thanks for granting me that privilege...

I do read other sites - and find that iMore, as I said, is not always first - because they take the time to be accurate. I'll take accuracy first, thank you very much. I don't give a rip about first - especially when first is wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice