Notifications options keeps switching it self off

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
HI

I have upgraded my iPhone 3gs to iOS 6.1 and have installed the Twitter App, the problem i have is i do not get any Notifications have posted one problem but have
now got another one.

(1) I have switched on Notifications on all the people I follow
(2) Have switched on the Notifications option in the Settings Menu.

the issue i have is when I come out of the App the Notifications option slides back to OFF so i have to manually update any tweets instead of getting them auto
so i have to set the option back to on but 5 seconds later it back to OFF

can any one tell me why

any help will be a help

reply to smdodgson1968@gmail.com

thanks

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Also I say reboot the phone (home and power button at the same time), and then try again.

Failing that remove your twitter account from the device, uninstall the app and then reinstall.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an email account for work that I turn off on weekends. The notifications have to be re-enabled each time too when they didn't before. May be a weird bug :-/

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
HI

I have upgraded my iPhone 3gs to iOS 6.1 and have installed the Twitter App, the problem i have is i do not get any Notifications have posted one problem but have
now got another one.

(1) I have switched on Notifications on all the people I follow
(2) Have switched on the Notifications option in the Settings Menu.

the issue i have is when I come out of the App the Notifications option slides back to OFF so i have to manually update any tweets instead of getting them auto
so i have to set the option back to on but 5 seconds later it back to OFF

can any one tell me why

any help will be a help

reply to smdodgson1968@gmail.com

thanks

OK if you have the "Twitter App" and you have notifications set to "ON" for this no matter what you have ex. Banner notification or what have you including sound, You must make sure that you have in Twitter under each person "Mobile Notification" turned on for each. TRhat is how I had mine and had never had an issue but I had sounds turned off.

It got to be so much and run my battery down that I wound up deleting that app and just went to the new Twitterffic 5 app that just came out because I would rather read Twitter on my own time. This app does not have Push notifications which is just fine with me.

you should not have to turn on notification each time though as you describe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro