do you need original sim card to unlock iphone 4 ios 6.0.1?

jrjuice

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone, i have a iphone 4 with ios 6.0.1 , i do not have original sim card ,itried to jailbreak it with tethered version using redsn0w, everything went good but when i turn iphone back on it still telling me to install carriers sim card, can u jailbreak and unlock this without orignal sim card, thanks

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You should not be seeing this... Did you by any chance check "deactivate iPhone" during the jailbreak process? If so here's our problem. Repeat the whole procedure by checking just "jailbreak".
Also make sure you boot tethered! (But I guess you already do :))

jrjuice

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried jail breaking it both ways, first time with only INSTALL CYDIA being check off, the next time I tried it checking off DEACTIVATE as well and that didn't help, I did perform JUST BOOT both times,
It seems to do everything the YouTube videos show except I don't see picture of pineapple walking while jail breaking, I do see it go into what I think they call matrix mode where you get all the wording on iPhone and I do see the small pineapple when it goes through JUST BOOT, I can get the original SIM card not sure if that would make a difference, thanks for your reply

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Placing the original SIM card would only activate the phone.

If you're jailbreaking for the purpose of unlocking, you might hit a roadblock since not all basebands are unlockable... you might have a better chance just going to the carrier and ask them to officially unlock the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73