IOS 6.0.1 SHSH Blob

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Not been on the forum for a while as been really busy.

I'm still at 5.1.1 on my A4 iPhone 4 and I'm not upgrading till there is an untether jailbreak for my phone.

I was hoping at some time I would see a Cydia 6.0 blob, but no! Checked today and I have a 6.0.1. So had a look about and yes there is now iOS 6.0.1 on the block.

My question is, did anyone else get the 6.0 blob file saved by Cydia?

Cheers

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that's cool. Now I'm on 5.1.1 and I'm not going anywhere till I know there is a un-tether for 6.X.

So when it says in Cydia that I have a 6.0.1 blob. Does that mean I have a full blob for it and I can pull it from Cydia.

My understanding was that you had to be jailbroken on that version of IOS. Then fetch the blob from the device or Cydia at that rime and store it on your computer/mac.

So is Cydia basically saying it has a blob for me for 6.0.1.

Also when I fetch blobs with redsn0w before I've seen it say partial and full blobs?

Do with think the 6.0.1 one in Cydia is a partial blob, seeing as I'm on 5.1.1?

Does anyone know the difference between part and full. Hope someone understands what I'm going on about??

iDonev, 3cit, Blink, Massie, Sherlock, Laelipoo and Peligro 911, if you are floating around at the moment I would be keen to here your views on this!

Cheers

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Cydia will save whatever is being signed by Apple at the time?what you're on has nothing to do with it. So you do have 6.0.1 saved.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Cydia will save whatever is being signed by Apple at the time—what you're on has nothing to do with it. So you do have 6.0.1 saved.

I'm not familiar with all the intricacies of Cydia, but there's more to this story. Otherwise we should have gotten iOS 6.0 as well.

On a slight tangent (and in a more direct answer to 1982ollie) my understanding is that Cydia will save the currently signed blobs upon launch. In other words, as long as you open Cydia each time Apple starts signing a new firmware, your SHSH collection will grow.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Im afraid my friend because you have a 4S which is an A5 device, even if you did have your shsh blob file for 5.0.1 you still can't downgrade. All A5 and above devices apart from the iPad 2 in some cases can't downgrade to 5.X once you have moved into IOS 6 with or without a blob. This is made very clear on the dev team's blog.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Im afraid my friend because you have a 4S which is an A5 device, even if you did have your shsh blob file for 5.0.1 you still can't downgrade. All A5 and above devices apart from the iPad 2 in some cases can't downgrade to 5.X once you have moved into IOS 6 with or without a blob. This is made very clear on the dev team's blog.

absolutely correct, there is no DOWNGRADE possible if you are on a 4s or later. only an option to restore to a current firmware provided you have all the requisites

LunaPhone

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I am very new to iPhone world, although I have an iPhone 4.
I have read some instructions of how to save my SHSH blobs, and I tried to but I failed (this is the forum http://www.iphone-support-forum.com/threads/how-to-save-shsh-blobs.3106/ , I followed these steps, maybe they are wrong? .
I am having the latest iOS version (6.0.1 or 6.0.2) I gave my iPhone to a friend to save my SHSH blobs so I cannot see them at the moment.
I also read that when iOS 6.1 will be public, an untethered jailbreak will be released as well... so my steps will be to upgrade to 6.1 and then save SHSH blobs or try to save my SHSH blobs with my current iOS version first and then upgrade??

Thank you!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I am very new to iPhone world, although I have an iPhone 4.
I have read some instructions of how to save my SHSH blobs, and I tried to but I failed (this is the forum http://www.iphone-support-forum.com/threads/how-to-save-shsh-blobs.3106/ , I followed these steps, maybe they are wrong? .
I am having the latest iOS version (6.0.1 or 6.0.2) I gave my iPhone to a friend to save my SHSH blobs so I cannot see them at the moment.
I also read that when iOS 6.1 will be public, an untethered jailbreak will be released as well... so my steps will be to upgrade to 6.1 and then save SHSH blobs or try to save my SHSH blobs with my current iOS version first and then upgrade??

Thank you!

Only reason to save ur shsh blobs are to downgrade ur iOS. If u don't plan on doing that then just update ur i4 thru iTunes to 6.1 and then once the jailbreak is released you'll be ready to jb and it will be untethered as well. Good luck.

tarzen

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have blobs for ios 4.1 iphone 4 gsm if in case any body need. Secondly if someone can help, "I need shsh blobs for ios 6.0.1 iphone4 gsm where can I download or get em"?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have blobs for ios 4.1 iphone 4 gsm if in case any body need. Secondly if someone can help, "I need shsh blobs for ios 6.0.1 iphone4 gsm where can I download or get em"?

SHSH blobs are device specific. Yours aren't of any use to anyone else and nobody else can help you get them for your device =(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73