Best iOS6 features

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
What I think of off the top.
Turn by Turn Nav, Do not Disturb,FB integration, App update without password,panorama camera,iMessage updates,Phone app update(reply with message and reminder to call back)

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The speed updates to Safari; tighter syncing with iCloud; Facebook integration; deeper Twitter integration; better privacy controls; Do Not Disturb; and Panorama.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's one that I found out yesterday literally made me scream. When your in maps app and doing turn by turn navigation to a destination, if minimized you get banner notifications about upcoming turns etc. the one that made me scream was if your in then by turn and lock the phone your phones background becomes a GPS!!! It's awesome!!!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
As far as turn by turn is concerned. I'm finding the drawings on the maps when it comes to turns and how a road may bend to be super accurate. On my Garmin there was some guess work when it came to this.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Well to get specific the best features of ios 6 depend on your device. The more recent your device is the better it gets enhanced by the update... Im not going to mention any of my choices because they are all previously stated but if you dont have at least a 4s you miss out on a few things.

Turn by turn nav ( and everything associated with it is only for 4s and 5) as well as flyover, and i believe panorama

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. The "Do Not Disturb" feature
2. Not having to type in your password to update an app
3. FaceTime over cellular
4. Phone number associated with your Apple ID
5. Separate alert tones for your email accounts
6. Turn-by-Turn voice guided navigation
7. Passbook

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I personally like the ability to post to Twitter and Facebook from Notification Center (though most of the time I tweet through the app anyway). I also like the new emoji :)

Other than that iOS 6 doesn't do much for me. But I am on an iPhone 4 (my 5 cannot get here any sooner!) so some stuff like Panorama in Camera is nonexistent for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally like the ability to post to Twitter and Facebook from Notification Center (though most of the time I tweet through the app anyway). I also like the new emoji :)

Other than that iOS 6 doesn't do much for me. But I am on an iPhone 4 (my 5 cannot get here any sooner!) so some stuff like Panorama in Camera is nonexistent for me.

jdod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
What about unique email sig per email account? I jailbroke my 4s as soon as I got it because I must have this and running the predicessor to iOS 6 it did not have htis without jailbreaking then installing a specific app from Cydia. Well, I tried a different phone briefly, and now that I am back on the 4s, I can't get the data back without doing a complete re-start, means I am forced to use iOS 6.

SO what say you, unique email sig per email account?

Thanks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What about unique email sig per email account? I jailbroke my 4s as soon as I got it because I must have this and running the predicessor to iOS 6 it did not have htis without jailbreaking then installing a specific app from Cydia. Well, I tried a different phone briefly, and now that I am back on the 4s, I can't get the data back without doing a complete re-start, means I am forced to use iOS 6.

SO what say you, unique email sig per email account?

Thanks.

yep, you sure can

go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Signature > Per Account > [configure desired mail account(s)]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73