iOS 6 iCloud issues & bump app issues

Shm319

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

Hoping someone can help. I just got my iPhone 4S 2 weeks ago & did the ios6 update last week. When doing the update it wouldn't finish updating, being stuck on the I cloud part so I skipped that part. It did say it iCloud may not work correctly but I thought I could update I cloud sep. now every time I go to use my phone always asks for my apple ID password sometimes it accepts it sometimes it triggers to ask again then I get error iCloud could not update check my settings & everything seems to be fine. My husband & friend just updated theirs yesterday & are now getting same issues.

Other issue is when trying to save pictures that have been bumped to me doesn't work just says its saving & takes an eternity.

My husbands issues are when he texts me from his iPhone using iMessage it wi either show his email address or a different mobile number than he actually has. His FaceTime wont allow him to set up using his mobile no just his email address.

As i am knew to iPhone & new to ios6 I would appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks in advance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

Hoping someone can help. I just got my iPhone 4S 2 weeks ago & did the ios6 update last week. When doing the update it wouldn't finish updating, being stuck on the I cloud part so I skipped that part. It did say it iCloud may not work correctly but I thought I could update I cloud sep. now every time I go to use my phone always asks for my apple ID password sometimes it accepts it sometimes it triggers to ask again then I get error iCloud could not update check my settings & everything seems to be fine. My husband & friend just updated theirs yesterday & are now getting same issues.

Other issue is when trying to save pictures that have been bumped to me doesn't work just says its saving & takes an eternity.

My husbands issues are when he texts me from his iPhone using iMessage it wi either show his email address or a different mobile number than he actually has. His FaceTime wont allow him to set up using his mobile no just his email address.

As i am knew to iPhone & new to ios6 I would appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks in advance

I suggest you connect your iPhone 4S to a computer and select the restore option in your computer's iTunes app. Be sure your computer is connected to the Internet because iTunes will download a fresh copy of iOS 6 and install it on your iPhone. Afterwards, you can restore from your iCloud backup if you want, but I'm a fan of setting everything up as new.

As for FaceTime and iMessages, the phone numbers & Apple ID are merged. You might want to setup your devices with at least 2 different Apple IDs. For example: use 1 Apple ID for purchases via the App Store and iTunes and a different Apple ID for iCloud, FaceTime and iMessage.

As for your husband's device displaying a phone number that is not his, that's not normal. He definitely needs to reset his device as well as go to Apple's Manage My Apple ID online and verify his information.