5.1.1 SHSH Blobs

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This may sound stupid but is there somewhere to download the iPhone 3GS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs? My brother updated his phone to iOS6 and now wants to downgrade. He did not save his SHSH files prior to updating. I have searched for advice but nothing comes up unless you HAVE saved the SHSH blobs prior. I also don't know if SHSH blobs belong to a certain device, or if there are universal blobs to download (maybe someone else saved them and uploaded them to be downloaded). I do not need to know the process to downgrade, I just need the blobs themselves.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not that I am aware of. The SHSH blobs are unique to each phone/installation of iOS... you have to save your own or move to the new version of iOS, AFAIK.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Fausty82 is right, no way to downgrade to 5.1.1 since he didn't save his blobs and apple is no longer signing 5.1.1.

Lodingi

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't you download the 5.1 full software image and do a shift + restore in iTunes? Tis what I did when I was playing with iOS 6 beta.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Tried that. Won't connect because of the servers signing of these blobs. I have tried different host file adjustments, and nothing works.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Apple didnt render your phone useless. YOUR BROTHER did things to it without knowing the consequences.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't you download the 5.1 full software image and do a shift + restore in iTunes? Tis what I did when I was playing with iOS 6 beta.

Yes, you can do that all day long... the issue isn't getting the iOS version installed, it's getting Apple to activate the device. After they release a new versions, they stop "signing" or activating the older version. That's what the SHSH Blobs are - the digital signing from Apple.

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Ah yes Apple, please develop and release more updates that render a pone useless an then don't let the consumer rollback

This wasn't Apple's doing... if you hadn't updated the iOS version, you'd be fine. But since you tried to update, you can't go back. Don't blame Apple for your own actions.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can do a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6. It's not ideal, so weigh the pros and cons.

---------- Post Merged at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:13 AM ----------

You can do a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6. It's not ideal, so weigh the pros and cons.

Lodingi

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can do that all day long... the issue isn't getting the iOS version installed, it's getting Apple to activate the device. After they release a new versions, they stop "signing" or activating the older version. That's what the SHSH Blobs are - the digital signing from Apple.

Oh. I didn't know that.

L3FTY

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
download the ipsw on from felix brun (look it up on google) the get the software u war on then download redsnow0.9.15b1 when u download it and instal go to extras, even more, then restore... then click on ups and click on the ipsw u downloaded then after the click on remote ur iphone will have to b in dfu mode ;) if this doesnt help ill giv u a link to a youtube video that will jst incase u havnt downgraded yet for this u do hav to hav been jailbroken before...

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
download the ipsw on from felix brun (look it up on google) the get the software u war on then download redsnow0.9.15b1 when u download it and instal go to extras, even more, then restore... then click on ups and click on the ipsw u downloaded then after the click on remote ur iphone will have to b in dfu mode ;) if this doesnt help ill giv u a link to a youtube video that will jst incase u havnt downgraded yet for this u do hav to hav been jailbroken before...

Could you please post the link to YouTube my 4s has been jailbroken before back when I had 5.1.1

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
if you are on ios 6 you are stuck. you cant downgrade any devices after the 4... no 4s,5 ipad2,3,4.

YellowMatterCustard

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Slightly off topic here but is it possible to upgrade from iOS 4.x to say 5.1.1 without SHSH blobs or will the device automatically be upgraded to the latest OS?

BTW, Merry Christmas !

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Slightly off topic here but is it possible to upgrade from iOS 4.x to say 5.1.1 without SHSH blobs or will the device automatically be upgraded to the latest OS?

BTW, Merry Christmas !

No way to upgrade to 5.1.1 since Apple is no longer signing it and u can't downgrade to it since u don't have have the blobs saved. If u update it will put u on 6.0.1 and you'll have to wait for a jailbreak to be released if u have a 4S

Alejandro Formanek

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Fausty82, thats the worse, stupid answer I ever read.
Like saying "you are stupid because you want to update your SO without asking Apple 4 permission"

Thats the only reason to move on to Android. With android you update your SO version you want whenever you want and you dont have to ask anyone 4 permission, n oone has to "allow" you to use it.
I use android phones and I bought and iPhone to see how great it was and I got IOS (Cisco Operating system OS name) 4.1 and I cannot update it to anything because of this stupid SHSH apple persmision. Apple has to allow me to install a new operating system on MY phone and every user accepts that happily.

Iphone is nothing but an excelent phone with a crapy SO.

Apple is the best hardware sold with commercial policies used in the early computers days (1980) (any old computer dinosaur like me will know what Im talking about)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2