Auto-brightness bug !

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have auto-brightness on, so when I am somewhere bright the bightness of the screen increases but when I go away, somewhere less bright, the iPhone keeps the high brightness and doesn't decrease it ! Fix it apple !

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
My Auto Brightness works just fine on iOS 6

If you open settings and watch the slide bar, it ill slowly change with the environment it is in.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned above brightness works just fine. But if you have an issue there must be something going on. If you go down to the Apple store they might ask you to restore and set it up as new so I recommend resetting all settings to see of it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Btw, I haven't heard anything about brightness anywhere else yet...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Here is a true test you can try.

Got into the settings for brightness... Hold you finger over the top sensor. You will see the slider move.. Then take your finger away.. It will adjust to the light always..

If you noticing it not moving, then the adjust from one place to another is not great enough either way to make it change.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Where exactly is that sensor, I put my thumb across the entire top of the phone and slider doesn't move at all.

Update: I've put it directly under a lightbulb and was able to see it sliding to the right.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you have auto brightness selected?

.... Okay do this for me. Turn brightness all the way up. Lock phone.. Hold finder over top ear area. with other hand unlock screen. you will see the brightness slider drop down for darker conditions. then take you finger away.. it will return to or almost the previous setting you had before, depending on light conditions.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It worked for me too but It maintains bright when it shouldn't !

This is what i did. i set it at comfortable brightness then turned on auto brightness then it only got brighter when the lighting changed. It should go back to the setting that you fixed for it otherwise.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine doesn't seem to work when I want it to kick in. On 4S and 5. Seems way to slow to adjust.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Strange. I have both an iPhone 4s and a iPhone 5, both running iOS6. Auto brightness works as it should on the iPhone 4s, but just doesn't work at all on the iPhone 5.

Do you reckon this is a bug or hardware fault? Either way, it's no big deal for me.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Sensor works very well, both on 4S and 5 but people do not know how to set it correct.

1. You need to set slider on minimum brightness

2. Turn auto-brightness one ON/OFF and set it on ON, than it will adjust automaticly

"Auto-Brightness:

The auto-dim feature got significantly improved in iOS 6. The best improvement is brightness adjustment in the lock screen. Before, in a dark room, I would be blasted with the iPad or iPhone’s default brightness before sliding to unlock and having it dim down to match the room’s brightness. Now, from the moment the screen turns on, the brightness is appropriate.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Sensor works very well, both on 4S and 5 but people do not know how to set it correct.

1. You need to set slider on minimum brightness

2. Turn auto-brightness one ON/OFF and set it on ON, than it will adjust automaticly

"Auto-Brightness:

The auto-dim feature got significantly improved in iOS 6. The best improvement is brightness adjustment in the lock screen. Before, in a dark room, I would be blasted with the iPad or iPhone?s default brightness before sliding to unlock and having it dim down to match the room?s brightness. Now, from the moment the screen turns on, the brightness is appropriate.

Absolute nonsense. It use it fine on my 4s running iOS6. It works well. Same settings on my 5 also iOS6 (obviously). Brightness is fixed at whatever the slider is set at no Auto adjustment at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yankees368#IM

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It is completely broken for me as well. I had no problem with this on my 4S wit iOS5. On 6, auto brightness doesn't work at all. I'm not stupid, I know how it works. Yet another iOS6 bug.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods