no sound on ios 6

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i have an i4 on ios 6.0

ive noticed on several occasions that the sound stops working. as in, no more volume controls. no sound from the ipod.
ring tones and alerts work. no keyboard sounds. no lock sounds. and when i press the volume buttons there is no +/-

tried a soft/ hard restart. tried playing around with the sound settings. dnd.

after a few hrs it just started working. works fine with headphones too..

anyone else have this prob?
i doubt its a hardware prob...:confused:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not me. My sound settings are as they should be and my notifications are clearly heard with the exception of the times I have the Don Not Disturb feature enabled.

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you dock your iPhone to a clock radio or speakers? If you do, do you ever take it off while the music is playing? Been there and done that and lost sound on mine... I now turn off the music before removing the iPhone from the dock, and no more problems. The next time it happens, touch the airplay icon and see where the sound is going.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i tried all that.. it still comes and goes as it pleases.. i hope it gets fixed with 6.1

i dont dock my phone. but ive been using the do not disturb feature at nights.. maybe some bug with that.

IMG_0903.PNGIMG_0904.PNG

dssdturner

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with iPhone 4 and iOS 6.0. No sound. I think it happened after I unplugged my earbud without turning off the audio player. Now there is no sound anywhere.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
it comes and goes in random fashion.. its a software bug far as i can figure.. hope its fixed with 6.1

stellarola

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
There's a very good chance that its caused by a defective dock. I've fixed plenty of iDevices and this was one of the issues I've experienced. In particular the iPhone 4.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem on occasion with my iPhone 5. Sound just stops working always for a short period of time and very random.

ellieearley

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same since I updated to iOS 6. I don't use any docking things just use it normally and outbid the blue the volume will totally stop working...it doesn't make sense!

littledale

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife's IPhone 4 has the same issue. The sound will just stop randomly and then anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours later, the sounds just start working again. Re-starts and complete resets will work for a little while but then it starts all over again. I think it has to be a bug in the software.

adkins1

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had this issue of no sound with both my iPhone and IPad2 since upgrading to IOS 6. Comes and goes but usually AFTER docking it on a dock in my bedroom or the dock in my car.
Many more times with the Iphone than the Ipad. So far, if I turn it off with the slider and then back on, it's fixed until the next time. I'm also convinced it is a software problem.

The second problem I had was that my Personal Hotspot would not work- someone on the forum fixed this by changing the password on all devices. This also worked for me and now working fine.

singeng

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I also have a problem with sound on my iPad iOS 6.0. I don't do any docking either.
Some apps provide no sound now even though on their web equivalent the sound is fine.
Itunes Festival is one app where the sound does work fine.
I've started using Do Not Disturb recently so I agree it may be involved somehow

singeng

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Is the partial absence of sound due to a modification brought in in ios 6 that third-party developers have not addressed yet? To me this is a major problem. Are there so few of us with this problem that Apple doesn't deign to speak about it?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro