Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Many things.
Reset network settings
Turn on And off iMessage
All send picture still not delivered

On 3G all works

iMessage to iMessage should work just fine over Wi-Fi, but if you're trying to send photos via the Messages app to an non-Apple device, it will not work. Does your ISP have a limit on attachment sizes? Is there a setting of some sort on your router or firewall that's preventing the photos from being sent via Wi-Fi? Is the problem occurring on any Wi-Fi network or just your own?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMessage to iMessage don't work (same home or not)
All Apple devices
I go try on another wifi

Barring a corrupted iOS version, I can only assume that the recipient does not have iMessage enabled. In any case, I would do a clean install of the latest iOS version and set it up as new.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All works good on another wifi network !?!

If that's the case then the problem lies with your Wi-Fi network. Unplug it and the cable/DSL modem for about a minute and then plug them both back in. Afterwards, try to send an iMessage to an iOS recipient.

RadicalDad

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
This is ridiculous. 6 years later and the same problems persist between iOS and Comcast. Just updated to iOS 12.01 and now I can't send iMessage photos when attached to a Comcast network via Wi-Fi. Checks for the other usual suspects plus a reset network settings doesn't help. Hmm, which company is more lame, Apple or Comcast? The fact that it worked prior to the upgrade to iOS 12 suggests it is Apple this time around.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous. 6 years later and the same problems persist between iOS and Comcast. Just updated to iOS 12.01 and now I can't send iMessage photos when attached to a Comcast network via Wi-Fi. Checks for the other usual suspects plus a reset network settings doesn't help. Hmm, which company is more lame, Apple or Comcast? The fact that it worked prior to the upgrade to iOS 12 suggests it is Apple this time around.

Lots of people use Comcast as their internet service provider but they’re not all having issues (we’d be hearing about it). Have you tried some of the suggestions outlined in this thread?

RadicalDad

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
Indeed, I have tried those things, as indicated on my post. Suspiciously, both my wife and I have this problem after upgrading to iOS 12.1. What I haven't been able to do is to try to send photos while attached to Wi-Fi which is definitely not Comcast. That is almost impossible in this town.

Could be my Comcast modem, but that was replaced about 20 months ago. Seems like those kinks should have been worked out long ago. Regardless, this is a pretty poor showing for both companies. Do they not learn? Why would this problem show up again after 6 years? Did it ever really go away? This is the sort of thing that would have gotten me or one of my staff fired back in the day when I worked in IT. Yeah, I only worked at smaller places where we had to face our clients directly on a daily basis. I'm guessing that is part of the problem here. The people who actually write the code at Apple and Comcast are insulated from angry customers, not to mention from problem reporting. As if this problem could be reported to either Apple or Comcast by an end user. (To be fair, it isn't just them, as Microsoft proved with their failed October update.)

Please recognize this for what it is - a rant as much as a cry for help. I'm graduating in January and rushing to complete my requirements. Unless I hear of an easy fix, I'm unlikely to do much about this before February, at which time I'll probably run the phones into the genius bar and let them figure it out. I don't have the time.

RadicalDad

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
Hmmm, I made a reply and it appears iMore deleted it. Not worth my time. Won't be back.

Probably not worth my time to even type this, as I'm guessing this post will be deleted also, but I worked in IT for years. I know what I'm doing. As my post indicated, I indeed tried the fixes outlined here. Didn't work.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I made a reply and it appears iMore deleted it. Not worth my time. Won't be back.

Probably not worth my time to even type this, as I'm guessing this post will be deleted also, but I worked in IT for years. I know what I'm doing. As my post indicated, I indeed tried the fixes outlined here. Didn't work.

Best of luck.

FYI—We haven’t deleted any of your posts. Three replies within this thread. That’s it. Perhaps it was sent for approval as you’re a new member but that does not mean it was deleted.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice