Can't Send Photos Over Wi-Fi?!?!?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea. Quest is DSL correct? Bridge it and get a separate router. I know that it's $$ but it's world's better then what these companies offer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Kellie Freeman

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue and I do not have comcast. I've seen a lot of people referring to it being a comcast issue, just thought I'd let you know it isn't. I've tried all the suggestions and still cannot send photos over wifi with imessage.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue and I do not have comcast. I've seen a lot of people referring to it being a comcast issue, just thought I'd let you know it isn't. I've tried all the suggestions and still cannot send photos over wifi with imessage.
It's a firewall issue just most common is Comcast equipment

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Jacy LeMaire

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I just updated iPad to iOS 6.0, but didn't fix. I've been having the same problem with my iPhone 4 prior and to get the picture to send I have to connect to 3G. The Internet is provided through Comcast . Quite frankly, this blows.

Shell148

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I spoke with Comcast about this issue. Apparently, according to Comcast, this issue is specific to their "Arris" modems. They tell me that going to your local Comcast facility and exchanging it for the "SMC" modem corrects the issue of not being able to send pictures (or texts in some cases) via "I message". They say that it is a know incompatibility issue (with the product "Arris" versus Apple or Comcast) and this obviously is much cheaper and easier than using a bridge and buying a second modem-if you rent a modem. I am going to try this, as it makes sense to try this versus spending and extra 100 bucks for a second bridge modem. I hope this helps!!

Amy Louise1

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been unable to send pictures via iMessage on my iPhone (4S on iOS 6) as well as on my ipad (4/ ios 6). In order to send the picture on my phone I have to either disconnect from wifi or do "send as text." On the ipad, I can't send pictures through imessage at all, because I have the version that uses wifi. This is SO annoying. I spend so much money on these products and to have a problem as large as this is extremely frustrating.

I do have Comcast at home, which is the primary connection I use. All other functions that use the wifi connection work. I have reset everything, done a restore, logged out of my apple ID on both devices (did a hard reset after and then signed back in, all of these thing so no avail. I have called Comcast, they also reset the modem and said the connection is working properly (which makes sense since everything works except THIS!). There are SO many forums about this- and it's been a problem for quite a while. My question is, why don't we have an update fixing this substantial issue?

PS. Changed modems and problem is still here!

cblaird

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I can't send photos from my iPad. Since I updated to iOS 6 this started the issue.. My provider is verizon. This is a big problem

bjcdaigs

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I am now having the same issue that I can't receive or send pics on iMessage. I do not have Comcast... I have Charter Cable... But, I have the mini with Verizon 3G and when I shut off wifi and use the cellular it still won't let me send/receive pics on iMessage. I read that someone mentioned changing some setting? What setting do I change? I have had this mini since Feb 3 and this feature worked until 2 days ago and then just stopped allowing... Any help out there?

1TexasGirl

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issues with my iPhone. I have AT&T as a carrier and Comcast as my Internet provider. Cannot send pics over wifi and it is extremely frustrating.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issues with my iPhone. I have AT&T as a carrier and Comcast as my Internet provider. Cannot send pics over wifi and it is extremely frustrating.

Get a new modem from Comcast

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

khruiz

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my home Internet provider is also Comcast and cannot send pictures to my husband who as an Android ( very frustrating). I can however send iMessages to iPhone users. I have not tested it out with other WiFi providers.

missxhillary

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I just got my phone a few days ago and it's running 6.1.3 I can use all data except i cannot send pictures, on or off imsg. Only if i turn off my wifi and connect to my data. This is extremely frustrating. I'm also not with comcast, I use arris modem and dlink router. The modem is brand new swapped out last week as i was having internet issues. The dlink router has recently been installed as i swapped out my other one.

My friend has the same phone, same version and is able to send out pictures on her wifi. If anyone figures this out please post instructions. I need to get this working as I use wifi at home & need to send pictures for work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR