Is it worth jaibreaking a never before jail broken iPhone 4S ?

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have my iPhone since its initial launch in October and have never jailbroken it before. Is it worth to jailbreak it or not ? What do you think ?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
What do you want to do? How do you want to modify or change feature/ui/function? If you are wondering in that broad a sense maybe you don't need to jb.

That being said I jb everything. A stock device just drives me bonkers and gets in the way of me using the device as I like.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
It is personal decision and depends on what you want or need from the device. I've unlocked various OS and types of phones in the past. I keep my iPhone 4S stock because it does everything I need.

Ih8reno

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Depends what you need it to do, these days I'm seeing less reasons to do it. Also if you upgraded to ios6 you will have to wait awhile.

Jeff0575

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
A jailbroken phone can be good if u like to customize everything that apple usually don't let u change. If your using an iPhone on a prepaid service u might want mms and that is a big reason to me to jailbreak. But I thinking I might be able to do w out it just so my 4S can be on iOS 6.

Sent from my iPhone 4s on straight talk using Tapatalk.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking

i think everyone should try jailbreaking their iDevice and not just once. i say this because there are too many misconceptions about it. in forums most of the time you will hear/read about users negative experiences and rarely the positives. because of this stock users are quick to judge without even seeing for themselves. i say multiple times because jailbreaking is a trial & error experience - cannot avoid it. you learn from experience what to do and not to do and that will make you more familiar with your iDevice and the possibilities that can be explored, beyond what Apple allows.

it really can be fun to personalize your device the way YOU want to but can be very time consuming, so it's not just for anyone. it takes work and commitment, no way around it. and of course if it does not work out for you or maybe you want to just enjoy a stock device for now, just do simple restore and you'll be right back where you were before you even considered jailbreaking

after 3 years of jailbreaking and the improvements Apple has made in iOS i have decided to stay stock, for now. it's weird, i am enjoying the iPhone the way it was intended and not obsessing over certain things that jailbreaking can introduce. i'm not saying i'll never jailbreak again but for now i am enjoying what Apple has to offer - Finally

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The only reason for me to jailbreak Would be the fact that could have SB settings in notification Center or could have a quick launch of some applications

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i think everyone should try jailbreaking their iDevice and not just once. i say this because there are too many misconceptions about it. in forums most of the time you will hear/read about users negative experiences and rarely the positives. because of this stock users are quick to judge without even seeing for themselves. i say multiple times because jailbreaking is a trial & error experience - cannot avoid it. you learn from experience what to do and not to do and that will make you more familiar with your iDevice and the possibilities that can be explored, beyond what Apple allows.

it really can be fun to personalize your device the way YOU want to but can be very time consuming, so it's not just for anyone. it takes work and commitment, no way around it. and of course if it does not work out for you or maybe you want to just enjoy a stock device for now, just do simple restore and you'll be right back where you were before you even considered jailbreaking

after 3 years of jailbreaking and the improvements Apple has made in iOS i have decided to stay stock, for now. it's weird, i am enjoying the iPhone the way it was intended and not obsessing over certain things that jailbreaking can introduce. i'm not saying i'll never jailbreak again but for now i am enjoying what Apple has to offer - Finally
I totally agree. Great comment;)

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's worth it. Especially now that it is so easy to do. But, if you upgraded to iOS 6 your going to have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with some of the post in here. If you ever wanted to tweak something on your device that you couldn't do stock, jailbreaking is the way to go. It's amazing what some of the themes and tweaks can do to your phone. I love it.

Sent from my 4s using Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The only reason for me to jailbreak Would be the fact that could have SB settings in notification Center or could have a quick launch of some applications

I think you have answered yourself. These are great reasons to jailbreak your phone. Be warned that once you do it you'll find a whole lot more reasons to keep it jailbroken. ;)

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh also does jailbreaking effect my extended apple warranty ?

Yes, if you take it in with it still jailbroken. If you ever need to bring it to Apple then you would need to restore it back to a stock iOS. That should be no problem...

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
It really all depends on what exactly you have in mind. If you want to customize it in a more personal sense, then JB is the way to go. Want to run apps that are found outside of the App Store, then JB. If you want to unlock and use it on a different carrier, then JB is a must. I JB's my wife's 4S mainly for access to the Cellular Data Network settings for PrePaid use. Since it was JB'd, she spruced up the phone to her liking. But it all depends on you. If you're fine the way it is and don't see yourself messing with it more than what it is, stay stock. But like I tell alot of people who ask me on it, sometimes you have to JB once, just so you can see what the whole thing is about to really cast final judgement.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would give jailbreaking a try. There are some great tweaks out there for a JB iPhone. I went back to stock after a few weeks of JB. It takes some time and patience to figure out any conflicts between certain JB apps and tweaks. I just didn't have the time to be troubleshooting my phone. It was fun while it lasted.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just as worth it as it would be on any other iPhone...give it a shot, it's not like it's permanent if you decide you don't have a use for jailbreaking it.

I personally find it essential.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen