Reminders

Lenxbob

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I've searched all over, but cannot find any information regarding the update to the Reminders app under IOS 6.0. Did the iPad2 get the update to this app? Mine seems to be the same as what it was under 5.1.1.

In the new version there is supposed to be an arrow at the right side when you enter a new reminder so you can go directly to adding the additional information. I still have to close the new reminder then click it again to add the data.

Also if you have multiple reminder lists you are supposed to be able to scroll between them left/right at the top, but mine doesn't have this feature either.

I've seen all kinds of references to what the iPad2 did NOT get with IOS6, but haven't seen this app listed. Am I missing something here?

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've searched all over, but cannot find any information regarding the update to the Reminders app under IOS 6.0. Did the iPad2 get the update to this app? Mine seems to be the same as what it was under 5.1.1.

In the new version there is supposed to be an arrow at the right side when you enter a new reminder so you can go directly to adding the additional information. I still have to close the new reminder then click it again to add the data.

Also if you have multiple reminder lists you are supposed to be able to scroll between them left/right at the top, but mine doesn't have this feature either.

I've seen all kinds of references to what the iPad2 did NOT get with IOS6, but haven't seen this app listed. Am I missing something here?

Have you tried swiping left to right or right to left on the list title? For example on my phone I swipe left on Inbox and it switches to the next folder, and vice versa. The arrow I'm not certain about it shows up in my reminders, not sure if it might be tied to icloud or something? The arrow is not the blue arrow that I am accustomed to seeing though, it is kind of a grey circle with a white arrow inside.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

LB
It did get updated but that arrow is not there. You have to get out of the new reminder then back in.
This app needs a lot of work IMO:

Can't sort in day view.
Prioritizing places red bars next to the reminder but it still could be at the bottom of your list.
Can't assign "All Day" to a due date. Must have a time. This feature existed in the previous iOS through the iCloud.com then you would have to go back to your device to enable it. Now you can't.

This is my go-to app and use it many times a day.
But I continue to use it since it syncs to all devices.

Good Luck

Edit: Noticed the arrow in Reminder appears on the iPhone 4S but not my iPad 2

Last edited:

Lenxbob

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Tried that

Have you tried swiping left to right or right to left on the list title? For example on my phone I swipe left on Inbox and it switches to the next folder, and vice versa. The arrow I'm not certain about it shows up in my reminders, not sure if it might be tied to icloud or something? The arrow is not the blue arrow that I am accustomed to seeing though, it is kind of a grey circle with a white arrow inside.

Yes, that is what I meant. I swiped the title of the reminder list at the top and it does not switch between my two reminder lists.

Also the IOS 6 updated version is supposed to have a marker at the right of a new note so you can directly add more info rather than having to close the reminder and then tap back into t to add more. Mine doesn't have that.

As I said, they must not have updated it on the older iPad2, but I cannot find anything that says they didn't.

Also there doesn't seem to be a manual for IOS 6 for any device other than the iPhone5. Unless I simply a,
M not finding it despite numerous searches.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Yes, that is what I meant. I swiped the title of the reminder list at the top and it does not switch between my two reminder lists.

Also the IOS 6 updated version is supposed to have a marker at the right of a new note so you can directly add more info rather than having to close the reminder and then tap back into t to add more. Mine doesn't have that.

As I said, they must not have updated it on the older iPad2, but I cannot find anything that says they didn't.

Also there doesn't seem to be a manual for IOS 6 for any device other than the iPhone5. Unless I simply a,
M not finding it despite numerous searches.

LB,
The arrow appears on the iPhone 4S but not the iPad2.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen