iPhone 5 is ALREADY JAILBROKEN!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've never jailbroken any of my iPhones at all. is it a hard process? It looks complicated. I guess you can do similar things with a jailbroken iPhone as you can with an rooted Android device, is that about right?

(sorry, complete noob at this).

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not difficult... Alli K. here on iMore will have full details and instructions when it's ready for prime-time. And it does allow for things similar to rooting a droid.

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've never jailbroken any of my iPhones at all. is it a hard process? It looks complicated. I guess you can do similar things with a jailbroken iPhone as you can with an rooted Android device, is that about right?

Lol well I have no android device so I don't know what it can do rooted,all I can speak for is the iPhone & how when it's jailbroken it really can be more functional & you can really appreciate your iPhone more.

And no it's not hard at all. I jailbroke my iPhone 4 literally with one click using absinthe :)

Sent from my happily JAILBROKEN iPhone4:)

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

If you can click a button you can jailbreak.

via Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Sounds hard. i'm not sure i'm up to that! ;)

Seriously though, thanks all for the replies. Rooting an Android is reasonably simple; i've done it for Mrs HRD's Galaxy S2 on a number of occasions.

On an Android device, once you root it you get a yellow warning triangle upon boot to show it's been rooted (although this can be removed if you're careful). Are there similar signs that an iOS device has been jailbroken or does it look 'stock' unless tweaked please?

I seem to remember that waaaay back in my iPhone 2 or 3 days that you needed to change some kind of system password once you jailbroke an iPhone as there was a universal password that could be used to gain unauthorised entry to the device from an outside source otherwise. Is that the case or have I been woefully misinformed please?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the questions.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

this is true however not just anyone can maintain a bug free jailbreak

my suggestion to anyone who is just starting out would be research as much as possible and even then it's gonna be trial & error. and of course come here for some top notch help

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Also the password thing only applies if you install an SSH program for wireless access to your device?and then leave it open on an open network. Personally I've never needed SSH in many years of jailbreaking.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to give it some time. Stock is killing me but I'll wait until everything is optimized for the 5.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
im sorry but you guys are foolish
when the devs, chpwn and musclenerd and iconic say that they are jailbroken, they literally mean that they (each individual one) are jailbroken... not ios6 or the iphone 5, or the a6 chip or whatever.
its just these people injecting cydia into thier devices because they have developer accounts.
in terms of a jailbreak it means LESS THAN NOTHING when mr grant paul announces that he is jailbroken.
so seriously, eveyone needs to chill out with the iphone 5 being jailbroken.....
just saying
also i hate grant paul

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
im sorry but you guys are foolish
when the devs, chpwn and musclenerd and iconic say that they are jailbroken, they literally mean that they (each individual one) are jailbroken... not ios6 or the iphone 5, or the a6 chip or whatever.
its just these people injecting cydia into thier devices because they have developer accounts.
in terms of a jailbreak it means LESS THAN NOTHING when mr grant paul announces that he is jailbroken.
so seriously, eveyone needs to chill out with the iphone 5 being jailbroken.....
just saying
also i hate grant paul

tumblr_l8tq17T4H01qcqph3o1_500.jpg

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You win this round guy...
But come December, when the iPhone 5 still doesn't have a public jailbreak, we will revisit this this thread...

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
On an Android device, once you root it you get a yellow warning triangle upon boot to show it's been rooted (although this can be removed if you're careful). Are there similar signs that an iOS device has been jailbroken or does it look 'stock' unless tweaked please?

Cydia is the only automatic giveaway, although you can hide it. Of course, that assumes no tweaks, and what's the point if you don't have tweaks?

I went to the Apple store recently to replace a cable, and I didn't want to unjailbreak, so I had to turn off or hide the more obvious tweaks, like the animated wallpaper, 5-icon dock, custom carrier name, SBSettings, etc. Not that it should matter when it's a cable, but they did check the numbers in settings and I didn't want any problems with the warranty.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

You're right but technically it can't mean less than nothing... just nothing. ;)

This is far from the real thing, and something everyone can use. They need to find a legal way to deliver the payload and a lot of other details.

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You're right but technically it can't mean less than nothing... just nothing. ;)

This is far from the real thing, and something everyone can use. They need to find a legal way to deliver the payload and a lot of other details.

My irrational hatred of grant Paul may be showing in my comments... Like remember when he and his buddy had Siri working on non 4s devices? And then like four months later he releases spire, which is a memory hog, a leaky memory hog!
His exploits mean nothing [fixed] to us common jailbreak folk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
My irrational hatred of grant Paul may be showing in my comments... Like remember when he and his buddy had Siri working on non 4s devices? And then like four months later he releases spire, which is a memory hog, a leaky memory hog!
His exploits mean nothing [fixed] to us common jailbreak folk

Spire isn't the only tweak chpwn has. Zephyr for instance and the infini's. Come to think of it I don't use them. ;)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR