Facebook integration

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Facebook integration with iOS6 looks good, but I don't want to sync my FB friends into my Contacts. Does anyone know where to disable syncing Facebook with contacts and calendar ?

RageRhinos

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Under settings>Facebook

You can also un check Facebook in your contacts app to just have you phone contacts populate it....then you can still have photo syncing.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Under Facebook-settings there is no sync control
Under Settings- contacts there is also no control

I'm on the iPad. When I went to log in to Facebook from settings, there is an ominous and ambiguous warning about syncing with contacts and calendar so I cancelled out. There are lots of Facebook friends who wou ld just add unnecessary clutter to my contacts.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
On the iPad, once you go ahead and sign on, it will now display "Allow these Apps to Use your Account" - Calendar, and Contacts. Turn them OFF. This is what I did and nothing go t into my Calendar or Contacts!

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Perfect. Thanks. Too bad the warning message doesn't indicate "you will have the option to select sync options when oh log in"

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed in the Facebook integration. It added way too much useless info to my contacts. I'm totally regretting it. =(

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed in the Facebook integration. It added way too much stuff to my contacts. I'm totally regretting it. =(

Go to the Facebook tab in the settings app and you can turn off the contact and calendar syncing. It should delete all the additions when you turn it off.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Once you have your facebook contacts linked, is there any way to unlink them? My sister wants to unlink facebook since she doesn't like all of the unnecessary information it added. She likes to give her friends nicknames in her phone and the facebook integration is screwing everything up. How do you remove the contacts but keep the facebook integration in other areas?

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed in the Facebook integration. It added way too much useless info to my contacts. I'm totally regretting it. =(

SOO DAMN TRUE!
I think at least we should be able to arrange the template of the contact. We can do it in Contacts at OsX but not in any of the iOs Contact app. Even when I only click on Contacts from FB settings, my calendar becomes full of birthdays , and so many useless addresses and facebook mail addresses
in every single contacts.

Until I'll be able to have a clean contact list only with the facebook names integrated in the contacts, I'm not going to use it.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

Yet another reason I'm not updating to iOS6 until I can kill the FB integration with a jailbreak.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yet another reason I'm not updating to iOS6 until I can kill the FB integration with a jailbreak.

Am I missing something? As far as I can tell, iOS6 doesn't force you to integrate anything--if you don't want to integrate your FB contacts, just don't turn that toggle to "ON."

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something? As far as I can tell, iOS6 doesn't force you to integrate anything--if you don't want to integrate your FB contacts, just don't turn that toggle to "ON."

Point taken, after looking at the change list all I know about ios6 is I'm not interested...

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

mkttai

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, this thread is helpful. I'm struggling if to enable the FB integration as I thought it will immediately sync the contacts after first sign on at the setting. Now I enabled it and disable sync of contacts and calendar.

Shravan Kothari

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually having trouble integrating my Facebook contacts into my iPod. The contacts do not get downloaded, only the few existing contacts get updated. None of the new contacts that are from my Facebook account get downloaded. Its not working on my iPod (iOS 6.1.6) or my iPad (iOS 7.1.2)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR