How are you using Passbook?

Daniel Gaming freak

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the information. For passbook iOS 6 users, First, you create the Passbook card inside an app, or on a website, and then you add the card to Passbook from that app or website. I see this becoming extremely popular, both with consumers and businesses.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I only had a chance to use it twice at Walgreens. Going to check pass source out to get more passes.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I went to Vegas flying with United and used it for that. Very cool to not have to worry about paper tickets anymore.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I've onll used it at Walgreen but it did not pop up on my screen.
I had it set as a banner alert so now I've set it as an alert in notifications. Hopefully that will stay on my screen.

But the only thing that displayed was my Walgreen's card.
I was expecting coupons.
Was I doing something wrong.

TIA

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've onll used it at Walgreen but it did not pop up on my screen.
I had it set as a banner alert so now I've set it as an alert in notifications. Hopefully that will stay on my screen.

But the only thing that displayed was my Walgreen's card.
I was expecting coupons.
Was I doing something wrong.

TIA

As for as I can tell, the Walgreens card is not a coupon type card like Target. It is merely a savings/reward card. At least that is my understanding as well as how I use it. The information section of the Walgreens app state the following:

About Balance™ Rewards
Use your virtual card displayed in the Walgreens app to get exclusive Rewards pricing while earning points on purchases.

Rewards Card
Scan the barcode on your physical Rewards card to connect it to your account and start using your virtual card for purchases.

Exclusive Savings
Membership has its benefits. Sale prices are now exclusively for Balance™ Rewards members.

Rewards Points
Earn points and redeem rewards every time you shop. Scan your virtual Rewards Card in store or enter your Rewards Member number when shopping on Walgreens.com.

Tracking Points and Activity
Keep track of your points and purchases in store and online, no matter where you are.

Adding Transactions
You can always add a receipt to your account on the Activity page later.

For coupons, you will need to use the Walgreens app and not Passbook. Finally, for location services, I *think* you need to have the Walgreens app enabled in conjunction with Passbook. I don't use the notification feature with Passbook or the associated apps. It's not difficult for me to just select Passbook while in the store.

Last edited:

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I tossed Passbook into my Junk Drawer folder (along with Stocks, Weather, Game Center, Maps and Safari) once I realized it simply duplicated stuff I already have an app for (like Starbucks) or is handled through confirmation emails (like airline check-in). Interesting idea, but it doesn't add a level of usefulness with so few companies participating - and really, I need yet another pointless app embedded in the iOS? Isn't Newsstand useless enough?

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Download the "belly" app it has restaurants and all kinds of stores near you that you can use passbook for just click whatever restaurant or whatever you frequent and you'll get a reward card. Let me know what you think.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So I still haven't had a chance to use it yet. Everything in there I've had to add myself through an outside program...

Using passsource.com...

Best Buy Reward Zone
CVS
Kroger Plus
Walgreens

Today I found the app Gyft and added 2 gift cards, there's also an option in there for sending your gift cards to Passbook. It's actually pretty cool!

AMC (movie chain)
Best Buy

Still very frustrated with the adoption rate and that I've had to manually add all of my cards through third party websites and apps. Mainly just looking forward to Qdoba now. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods