Help updating 4s from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 or 6.0?

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello-
I purchased my iphone 4s in May and it is running ios 5.0.1 (jailbroken) and unlocked using gevey sim for tmobile network. It works perfectly.... but, I am wanting to keep the phone updated on most current ios, so am wondering what I should do to do this? Since I purchased the phone already jailbroken and unlocked with the gevey sim, I am not sure where to begin or what is the best way to go about it. OR should I wait until there is a jailbreak for the 6.0 untethered? I just need direction from those of you that don't mind guiding me a little bit. I had an older 3gs, and updated it all the time with no problem, but not sure how to go about it with this one. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me!!

Shelly

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You will lose jailbreak and grey won't work most likely def wait until you know it is possible or your phone will be useless

But if I was you look into a factory unlocking service on eBay its like 20 bucks and you can go factory unlock then it can use whatever carrier

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
If I do the factory unlock, how do I upgrade to the newer IOS?? And just curious but what does it mean that the grey won't work? Thank you for your reply...

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Help!!

I can't do a factory unlock due to finding that my iphone's original carrier was Sprint. I am getting mixed answers as someone told me that if I preserve my BB that I will not lose my unlock, but yet you tell me that I will. Is there any help availabe?? I am so stuck and just want to be able to update my IOS to 5.1.1 and keep my unlock with the gevey sim. There has to be some way to do it... If you have a minute or two and can help me, I would greatly appreciate that!

cheleb

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
?

Thanks for your reply, but I am very lost on what to do. is there no way to get my ios updated without affecting my current unlock? So confused and lost..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods