App or Jailbreak Tweak For Incoming Calls Segregated/Filtered By Number

beemir

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The subject isn't clear. Allow me to explain a bit. I'm looking for an app or jailbreak tweak that allows me to filter incoming calls with certain numbers, such as from a certain area code (555 for example) or a local number that starts with say 455-XXXX and so on.

I have a crap load of telemarketers calling me lately and I can't afford to change my number. They seem to always use a specific number starting from say 455-XXXX and 456-XXXX. It's always those two initial three numbers. What I am looking for is a tweak or jailbreak app (or even legit app but I doubt that would be the case) that can silence the calls when I receive them. So any other calls from phone numbers that are NOT in my contacts list can come through ringing away. Or if I can block them that would be better.

Blocking the calls using my carrier won't work because you need a complete phone number, and the number is always different, the latter part of it anyway.

I've been experimenting with RingerX VIP and couple of other tweaks but so far have managed it where calls from unknown numbers that are not in my contacts ring silent, but then I miss out on legitimate business or work calls too. Potential leads or clients etc. Please note I absolutely DO NOT care if I miss out on legitimate calls from any numbers containing those first three digits. I'm willing to sacrifice that, and in reality it's probably like 1 in a 100 or higher for that to happen.

I've tried telling these telemarketers to f**k off but that's clearly not working. Different companies use the same group of numbers (starting with 455/456) so it's not always the same people. It's pretty damn annoying and where I live you can't get away with filing a complaint or take legal action if you're being harassed etc. I'm in the Middle East, so there go all legal options right there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or suggestions or even previous experience in how you've dealt with a similar situation.

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:

beemir

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Since I posted I discovered iBlacklist. It's a hefty price tag of $12, and have read that it does block partial numbers.

Does anyone have any better recommendations or something flawless, or if iBlacklist does work like a charm indeed? Do let me know.

Thanks again.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I use iBlacklist.. was worth the $$ to me..

In iBlacklist, you can create White Lists that essentially tells the phone which numbers you WANT to accept.. all other numbers will be dealt with according to how you set up the Black list...

beemir

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
iBlacklist is well worth the money!! I discovered it has the options I needed. Blocking partial numbers is basically what I'm talking about. I use wildcards to achieve this so any number starting with 455* or 456* just gets a busy tone. Problem solved! Awesome!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal