Official counting down to iOS 6 forum party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealEChiz

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Brutally stoked for iOS6 to drop today! Counting the hours, minutes and seconds. Thanks to Rene and iMore for all the helpful insider information. Mad respect

chrishull

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I'll be updating my iPad 2 this afternoon during my son's nap time (if 6 has dropped by then).

I'll have to put my 3GS in another room so it doesn't get jealous. I still haven't told it about getting replaced Friday morning...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...well, well, seems I need to perform a 'clean' install, too. That seems to be the most popular choice, and thus overall recommended.

Curious, are the iMore apps already updated to support iOS6 and the iPhone 5?

tkurtz

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Waiting patiently in Illinois. Going for the iTunes install since I'm not connected to Wi-Fi today. I'm not looking for anything in particular, just want what new things will be available to me since I'm still on the iPhone 4 and can't upgrade for about 6 months yet :(

Gigi100557

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm anxiously waiting for the IOS6 update too. I think I'll be getting most of the features (4S) so I'm really excited. The features I want to try first are Siri; Do Not Disturb and the update notifications for email. I'm in central time so I'm not sure when the update will be released here (Texas) so I'll just keep checking.

Also, I'll be doing the update in iTunes.

Hammer fc

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This is it. Today's the day. If history is any indicator, iOS 6 should land at roughly 10am PDT/1pm EDT today. I'm hauling ass to get our review ready, but if you're waiting like we are, why not wait with us?

What's your favorite new feature? Find any awesome hidden gems? Are you going to update over the air or install clean with iTunes? Anyone feeling left out because their device isn't getting something?

There's so much to discuss! We'll get the rest of the writers and staff in here, maybe give away some more stuff, and in general have some fun.

So, hang out and shout out. Who's ready for iOS 6?
Have you a time for the uk release .
Thanks .

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not worried about performance on my 4s, but does anyone know how iOS6 holds up on the 4? Wondering if its worth upgrading my moms phone.

Munale

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
should i do it over wifi or is over 3g ok? also do I need to worry about backing all my photos up to my mac before i do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.