Do Not Disturb - an observation

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Been running iOS6 for a couple days now... and have noticed D.n.D is working for me like the only thing I miss about my former Blackberry Tour's 'bedside mode' worked... I use my iPhone in a dock, with the iHome clock app at night... and having D.n.D set up on a clock, there's no more mail notification sounds. Very nice.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Been running iOS6 for a couple days now... and have noticed D.n.D is working for me like the only thing I miss about my former Blackberry Tour's 'bedside mode' worked... I use my iPhone in a dock, with the iHome clock app at night... and having D.n.D set up on a clock, there's no more mail notification sounds. Very nice.

Does it also work that way with a charging cable and a night time alarm clock app, too? I haven't tried that... I use it when I'm in meetings and such... but that's it so far.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does it also work that way with a charging cable and a night time alarm clock app, too? I haven't tried that... I use it when I'm in meetings and such... but that's it so far.

yeah... I have my phone in a cradle and on a charger with the iHome app running for clock on the nightstand... DnD also works great on iPad, plugged into a charger with AlarmClock HD running.

Reactions: Fausty82

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I like that I can just toggle it off whenever I'm with a chick. I used to go through my notification settings and turn off lock screen notifications.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
LOVE this feature, use it all of time. i wish it were active while the the device were unlocked too

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Damn if I know... call it sleeping soundly enough not to hear any email notifications after installing iOS6 until tonite, where I'm now wide awake when I shouldn't be...

?? is it just email tones that are still coming thru or all tones?

CappyGuy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
if I know... call it sleeping soundly enough not to hear any email notifications after installing iOS6 until tonite, where I'm now wide awake when I shouldn't be...

Then you will just have to use night time mode on iOS 6 and you won't get any notifications.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Then you will just have to use night time mode on iOS 6 and you won't get any notifications.

Yup. DnD works flawlessly if the phone is in sleep mode... not so much otherwise - including the dock/alarm clock app. This is gonna need a tweak. :)

BTW, Keith, do you need ketchup with that? :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
One small quirk I have the DnD is that I'd like the option to toggle lockscreen notifications on/off within the DnD settings itself. So that when I lit the screen no notifications even show. Oh, well.

shimojunk

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
kch50428 how does DnD compare to myProfiles? I am stuck on ios4 because myProfiles is so handy.

Are you able to silence alerts for different apps like email, txt msgs, and whatsapp? Or can you only silence all the alerts? Can you setup different DnD profiles?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone. sorry to drag up an oldie of a thread - but i have a question. I was thinking about purchasing the alarm app "Rise" but i also use DnD from 10pm - 7am every night.

Now, from what i'm understanding, 3rd party alarm apps will not alert you if DnD is enable at the alarm time, correct? But what if i have DnD shut off at 6:15am and have my alarm app (Rise) go off at 6:20am. Does anyone, or has anyone done this with success?

Tia for any feedback:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
does the app stay on screen while its active? Because if its keeps the screen lit up, DND doesn't do anything.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
does the app stay on screen while its active? Because if its keeps the screen lit up, DND doesn't do anything.

I'm not sure Keith. Although, Wendy just replied to me in another thread that we were discussing this about (iphone 5 home screen) and she did LMK that in Rises' description it DOES work with DnD enabled. So, i'm off to go check that out before i make a purchase:) I'll post here with an update as well;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink,
Will the clock display throughout the night if you have DnD enabled.
TIA

Hi TT:) to answer your question, no. You open the app, turn alarm on & tap your sleep button Your phone will go into sleep mode just as normal, but the Rise alarm app runs in the background so that when you tap on your home button & slide to unlock, you will see the alarm app immediately on screen. If you then tap your home button it will exit you out to your home screen.

Btw, I tried it out last night for the alarm time this morn, and it is a nice app. The shake to snooze is convienent although I prob won't use it for fear of being half asleep and accidentally dropping my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73