Bitesms notification question

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm anticipating this is pretty easy but I'm just not seeing it and didn't find info searching forums... When I get a text there is a bitesms notification and then an iOS system notification after that. I also have 2 icons in my statusbar for number of unread messages. I think these are separate issues but it would be great to just have the bitesms notification appear on the screen when a text arrives and to just have one notification icon on the status bar. I also have LockInfo installed which may be causing the status bar alert. Thanks for any help.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yup lockinfo is giving you duplicate notifications, also you should go to the stock settings app and go to notification center and turn off notifications about messages. Bite will alert you itself

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yup lockinfo is giving you duplicate notifications, also you should go to the stock settings app and go to notification center and turn off notifications about messages. Bite will alert you itself

Thanks, 3cit! I turned off Messages in Notifications... all options I set to "off". Will I lose anything useful that bite doesn't do with this setup?

Can you tell me where in LI I can just turn off the message notification in the status bar? Under Plugins>Notifications I find a "Status Bar Icon" which is currently on. But, if I turn it off will I lose phone and email notifications in the status bar as well? I'd like to just have the message icon off. Can you clarify how to do this?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Lockinfo/Plugins/Messages. The Notifications plugin is for 3rd party apps like Facebook, etc. Phone and mail also have their own plugins.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner