Advise needed please.

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone, been away from the jailbreak, iphone scene, for a while, so really need advise. I have an iphone 3gs, running version 4.0.1 and modem firmware 05.13.04. I haven't got a clue, what method I used to jailbreak it, and unlock the device. I now want to update it, to latest ios software, which I believe is 5.1.1, my dilemma, is can i preserve the unlock, and proceed to jailbreak, as well please.?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe redsn0w can do all of this. But I'm not 100 percent about preserving your baseband. But that is the most important thing. Once you've upgraded your baseband you can't go back. No actually I'm sure you can do all in redsn0w, but if not try snowbreeze however not sure that supports 5.1.1 which is the latest IOS. The main thing you must look out for is when you are restoring with iTunes. You must create a custom ispw file whilst preserving your baseband and then you use Redsn0w or TinyUmbrella to point to the custom ipsw file that you created and then restore to that.

Main thing is you must not let iTunes restore to a stock ipsw. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that, I'm away from my laptop.

Try redsn0w first and see if there is the option to preserve your baseband and create a custom ipsw file.

Then from there you jailbreak, then install the ultrasn0w fixer for 5.1 and then you install ultrasn0w. Job done your jailbroken and unlocked.

Note: You must install the ultrasn0w fixer first, and then ultrasn0w. If you don't do it in that order. It won't work for some reason.

Good luck and I hope that didn't go straight over you head. If you have jailbroken before, you should be ok.

Shout back here if you get stuck and I'll help you when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2