iMessage says "message not delivered"

person4321

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I don't know what the problem is here I've tried searching and finding the solution but I can't seem to find the root of the problem.
So my iphone is a 3gs old bootrom and I've recently upgraded from 4.0.3 to 5.1.1(9B206) using sn0wbreeze and hacktivated it using the ultrasn0w+fix
baseband is 05.13.04
And everything's working fine, the data, the mms but the imessage for some reason half the time it doesn't show up as an option to my iphone contacts and when it does it says "iMessage not delivered" with the red exclaimation mark.

in the messages section of settings I have iMessage set to on and it says "iMessages can be sent between iPhone, iPad and iPod touch."
I'm using carrier simple mobile and I also have wifi available when this error happens and I'm on the edge network as well. So the internet access is there. My MMS is working as well.

So I really don't know why iMessages aren't working :/ Thanks for reading I hope someone might know what's going on here.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I don't know what the problem is here I've tried searching and finding the solution but I can't seem to find the root of the problem.
So my iphone is a 3gs old bootrom and I've recently upgraded from 4.0.3 to 5.1.1(9B206) using sn0wbreeze and hacktivated it using the ultrasn0w+fix
baseband is 05.13.04
And everything's working fine, the data, the mms but the imessage for some reason half the time it doesn't show up as an option to my iphone contacts and when it does it says "iMessage not delivered" with the red exclaimation mark.

in the messages section of settings I have iMessage set to on and it says "iMessages can be sent between iPhone, iPad and iPod touch."
I'm using carrier simple mobile and I also have wifi available when this error happens and I'm on the edge network as well. So the internet access is there. My MMS is working as well.

So I really don't know why iMessages aren't working :/ Thanks for reading I hope someone might know what's going on here.

iMessages can only be sent to iOS users and OS X Mountain Lion users who also have iMessage enabled on their devices. If the recipient does not have an iOS or OS X Mountain Lion device with iMessage enabled, you will not be able to him or her an iMessage. As for there not being an iMessage option in your contacts, you're right. There isn't, but there is an option to "send Message" and if the recipient has an iOS device with iMessage enabled, the "Send" button will be the color blue after you've selected to send that person an iMessage. If the recipient doesn't have an iOS device, the "Send" button will be green indicating that the message will be sent as an SMS message. As for some of your iMessage not being sent, that happens on occasion and the problem more than likely resides on Apple's end. Finally, Apple states that iMessages can be sent via Wi-Fi and 3G, but it does not mention EDGE. Yet, some people have stated that they have successfully sent iMessages over an EDGE network.

person4321

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
iMessages can only be sent to iOS users and OS X Mountain Lion users who also have iMessage enabled on their devices. If the recipient does not have an iOS or OS X Mountain Lion device with iMessage enabled, you will not be able to him or her an iMessage. As for there not being an iMessage option in your contacts, you're right. There isn't, but there is an option to "send Message" and if the recipient has an iOS device with iMessage enabled, the "Send" button will be the color blue after you've selected to send that person an iMessage. If the recipient doesn't have an iOS device, the "Send" button will be green indicating that the message will be sent as an SMS message. As for some of your iMessage not being sent, that happens on occasion and the problem more than likely resides on Apple's end. Finally, Apple states that iMessages can be sent via Wi-Fi and 3G, but it does not mention EDGE. Yet, some people have stated that they have successfully sent iMessages over an EDGE network.

I understand that iMessage can only be sent to iOS 5 users and the friends that I did try sending to have iOS 5 but it just says message not delivered. They even tried sending it to me but they couldn't for some reason. So it's probably the fact that it's jailbroken or the edge issue :/ not really sure.. I'll be switching carriers next month to straight talk and hopefully the 3G will be working then

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW