Need help on a complete iPhone 4 reassembly

PoWn3d_0704

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I need to reassemble an iPhone that someone... pretty much destroyed. Here are a few pictures, to show you the level of... broken.

This screen was replaced by the owner, not sure if it actually works yet.

IMAG0219.jpg

The inside of the phone. The guy completely gutted his phone, and POSSIBLY tore the screen ribbon cable, though I am not sure.

IMAG0220.jpg

Small parts with my little pinky in the picture.

IMAG0223.jpg

Everything laid out...

IMAG0221.jpg

As far as reassembly goes, I have connected the motherboard and the battery and the charging dock. My PC recognized the iPhone, but because of the password protection, I cannot back it up or do anything with it as of yet.

I have access to the owners iTunes. Is it possible that connecting it on the 'home' PC would bypass the need for the screen to type in a password?

Also, is it possible to bypass, but not wipe the phone with a DFU mode jailbreak? I just need to get this thing to sync with iTunes, if anything. Or maybe I can completely repair this thing still.

ANY input is appreciated.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
FYI, thats an iPhone 4S.

That needs to go to a professional for repair. Not an Apple store, to a place where techs repair those daily.
If you in Dallas PM me and ill help out.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Actually that's a CDMA iPhone 4, not a 4S. Look at the camera and battery. They are different on a 4S. And the logic board is definitely CDMA 4, not 4S.

Here is a link to all my repair guides. I have several Verizon and sprint (CDMA) guides that you can follow.

http://www.imore.com/category/weekly-mod

Also, I've moved this thread into the mod and DIY forum. That is where all repair questions should be :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's possible to put it back use guides and watch videos take your time .. No you can not bypass the password without wiping the phone .. Does the screen still not work ..? Feeding the cable is prob the hardest if you don't feed it enough it won't reach if u don't get it just right it will be torn if you use too much force ..

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Just make sure the digitizer cable doesn't kink up. If both cables are the same length you've got it in right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoWn3d_0704

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Alright, Sorry for the Delay. I do not know if the Screen still works. I can tell you that the cable between the Screen and the Board was kinked when I got her from this guy. There are cables that I cannot figure out what goes where, and there are also missing screws as far as I can tell.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR