Exhibition mode-esque feature?

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I just got a speaker dock for my iPhone a couple days ago. I was wondering if there was some jailbreak tweak to add something like exhibition mode on webOS devices. I liked having my agenda displayed on my Pre 2 on the charger automatically to see it when I woke up. It would be nice to have a similar feature for iPhones that are docked. Does this exist yet?

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of any exhibition type mode for iOS. There is a app called Dock made by Inglorious Apps which might sound familiar to you if you were a webOS fan. The iOS app is coded using Enyo. You have to launch the app when you put the phone on a dock so it doesn't automatically go int e Hinton mode. I don't see that it has anything that will display your calendar though.

I just sent the developer a question about whether an update might come that would show your calendar.

Last edited:

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Can an iPhone detect whether it is in a dock or plugged into a regular charger?

Yes because of the 30 pin connector allows communication between peripherals and the iPhone. That's why you can plug your iPhone into a dock and play music through external speakers or play a video on another device via the hdmi adapter. I have a dock alarm clock that plays my alarm through speakers and allows me to control radio via the iPhone. That functionality doesn't exist with just a charger.

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes because of the 30 pin connector allows communication between peripherals and the iPhone. That's why you can plug your iPhone into a dock and play music through external speakers or play a video on another device via the hdmi adapter. I have a dock alarm clock that plays my alarm through speakers and allows me to control radio via the iPhone. That functionality doesn't exist with just a charger.

So theoretically someone who understands all of the iOS programming jazz (obviously not me :D) could write a jailbreak tweak to enable something similar to this functionality when an iPhone is docked? This is one thing I really miss from webOS (another being just type). I know it probably won't be quite as elegant, but the functionality would be there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77