!!!! Seriously need some help!!

Th3lastburrito9

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
okay so today id decided i would update the software on my jailbroken iphone 3gs. I was updating from 5.o to 5.1.1. I usually use redsnow to jailbreak but now i decided to use absinthe 2.0.4. I backed up everything and restored my iphone to the 5.1.1 software with itunes. with a fresh install of 5.1.1, I went into itunes and on the section that says "iphone" where I could usually sync and choose options for my phone, all thats there is an empty text box, apple symbol in upper left and a mini gray padlock in upper right, now words, no buttons. WHAT DID I DO? I need some help cuz now my iphone is blank and I dont know how to fix it! PLEASE HELP!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can't you connect it to iTunes and restore as new & once you're back up and running, jailbreak it again?

Just Me, D
(iPad 2)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is not you, I and many others had the same issue today. Mine eventually popped up with the right screen after I left the phone plugged into iTunes for awhile. By the way this was on an UNjailbroken phone I was updating for a coworker.

See the Apple discussion boards for more on it, but your best bet may just be to wait it out.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/19042872#19042872
https://discussions.apple.com/message/19043181#19043181

Last edited:

Th3lastburrito9

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
so it changed now. the only thing that comes up on the iphone window is a message asking if it is a new iphone or to restore from the backup, and whats worse is i think i saved over my old backup with a new blank one? anyways it cant restore from the backup for some reason.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you set it up as new anyways. By doing so, you're minimizing / eliminating problems that might have been associated with your previous configuration. I know it can be a pain but at least you have a properly working device. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW