Question before I try to Jailbreak

carlos31820

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Fist time Jailbreaker here...

I have downloaded Absinthe 2.0.4 in order to jailbreak my Verizon Iphone 4s running ios 5.1.1

I have also done a manual backup using iTunes. I have been reading the forums about some people having issues with Cydia missing after the jailbreak. If i have any issues, how exactly do I restore my iPhone to the state it was prior to the jailbreak attempt?

Do I just click on the Restore button in iTunes or do I right click my device and click restore from backup? Is there a difference between the two methods?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
just plug into iTunes, click restore.. towards the end of the restore process you will be given an option to restore from backup OR setup as new iPhone. choose your most recent backup

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
no problem. one thing to think about too is you want to keep a "clean" backup around

what i mean by that is once you are jailbroken and keep plugging into your computer it will automatically backup but with jailbreak info. try to identify ONE that does not have jailbreak info so you do not load a corrupt JB file back onto your device after doing a restore

anymore questions feel free to ask