Is anyone aware of another quick reply tweak?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone aware of another quick reply tweak for iPad besides the ones available in Bitesms, Intelliscreenx with Messages+ or SMS+? Intelliscreenx doesn't have quick reply for iPad, SMS+ has been "Delisted" by the developer and Quick reply in Bitesms continues to crash my springboard if a message is sent when it is "sleeping" just on iPad with 5.1.1. In have the same setup on my iPhone with 5.0.1 and there is no crashing problem. I have contacted Bitesms and sent crash reports but have not received a reply. This happens on both the beta and release versions of Bitesms, there must be a conflict but I have very few tweaks installed and no "Themes". I have not paid for the iPad version yet so I'm not going to buy it and will use something else if available. I've searched Cydia and read all the posts on iMore with reference to Quick Reply but can't find any others. Any ideas?

Thanks

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking but haven't come up with anything for you...I'm assuming you're on the Bite forums as well? What's your name there (so I don't bother posting things here that you already posted there)?

Also, are you sure you were on the latest Bite beta? Because I was just reading this on the bite forum:

"Beta 7 ? released on 5 July

Improved Quick Compose and Quick Reply on the iPad (now much bigger and better). The only known issue on iPad is if (only in home mode) you are landscape lock on, we haven?t been able to fix that yet. We will in beta 8."

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Also keep your eyes open for an iPad specific app. Martin has mentioned that they have one planned:

"we plan to release a seperate app for the iPad, called ?Quick Reply for iPad? as it?s too much work to redesign the whole of biteSMS for the iPad screen. So we will just focus on QC and QR."

And interestingly for iPhone users who don't need the full on Bite app but just use it so they can have Quick Reply and Quick Compose, it seems that the new tweak will also work on the iPhone!

(bite forum user): "My I suggest if your going to make a QC/QR for iPad in addition to ?WhatsApp? [another QR tweak they make- Massie] make the iPad QC/QR version compatible for the iPhone. I?ve have seen comments in the forum from other user that have and do want only the QC/QR functionality with out the bloat of the actual bitesms app ( I mean no offense). I too would like to a QC/QR only tweak and it would make sense from a development perspective making a standard class object to provide the QC/QR framework then add functionality for each app/device (WhatsApp, IM+, etc, iPad,iPhone) sounds pretty good to me."

Martin (bite dev) : "yep you got it."

So we could ALL be getting a new QC/QR tweak before too long.

Reactions: WreakingHavoc

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Also keep your eyes open for an iPad specific app. Martin has mentioned that they have one planned:

"we plan to release a seperate app for the iPad, called ?Quick Reply for iPad? as it?s too much work to redesign the whole of biteSMS for the iPad screen. So we will just focus on QC and QR."

And interestingly for iPhone users who don't need the full on Bite app but just use it so they can have Quick Reply and Quick Compose, it seems that the new tweak will also work on the iPhone!

(bite forum user): "My I suggest if your going to make a QC/QR for iPad in addition to ?WhatsApp? [another QR tweak they make- Massie] make the iPad QC/QR version compatible for the iPhone. I?ve have seen comments in the forum from other user that have and do want only the QC/QR functionality with out the bloat of the actual bitesms app ( I mean no offense). I too would like to a QC/QR only tweak and it would make sense from a development perspective making a standard class object to provide the QC/QR framework then add functionality for each app/device (WhatsApp, IM+, etc, iPad,iPhone) sounds pretty good to me."

Martin (bite dev) : "yep you got it."

So we could ALL be getting a new QC/QR tweak before too long.

Thank you Massie!

You really took that ball and ran with it! I will visit their forum, I never though to look there. I hope they tweet when it's done. My trial is expired now and I don't want to buy it again if it continues to crash.
Thanks again for looking into it for me!

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Installed the latest beta and am still getting springboard crash but only if the iPad was in landscape when it went to sleep. The issue of the text being cut in half on the QR box has been corrected. We're getting there.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Installed the latest beta and am still getting springboard crash but only if the iPad was in landscape when it went to sleep. The issue of the text being cut in half on the QR box has been corrected. We're getting there.

Progress! I do recall they were having trouble isolating the landscape bug but were hopeful that it would be corrected soon.