iPad (iOS6) vs Laptop (WIN8).

Punkmilitia

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, today I am comparing an iPad 3 with IOS6, beta 2 against an average laptop with Windows 8, consumer beta.
Please ? feel free to ask for some other comparisons or add your own. This comparison shocked me quite a bit. Hope you enjoy the results.

351u1ac.jpg

Also; to save me making a new thread, I might as-well post my IOS6+ Want list below:
Multiple account support
Updated youtube app.
1/4 and 1/2 size apps for ipad for multitasking opportunities.
Option to hide or remove some stock apps. ie; newsstand.
Folders that can fit more than 12 apps.
Live icons. ie; weather.
Notification center synced accross icloud on multiple devices.
weather in the notification center on ipad.
3rd party notification center widgets.
Some offline siri data so it doesnt always use the internet.
Huge, mainstream icloud integration.
When saying no to certain things on "genius", never suggest again.
Automatic app store downloads
Move spotlight to Notification center.

Punkmilitia

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll just chime in and add Apple's offering is no where close to Office in terms of being equal.

I agree on that point, I should have said for personal use instead of office apps.
Thanks for contributing, I'll make an update to the above review a bit later.

Can you think of anything missing from the above that I should add?

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
both has no match, one is a laptop which is a different category of the devices, while the other is ipad, which is a pad device and a touch device, so in short there is a clear difference between the two devices and thus the comparison does not work very well here!

Punkmilitia

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
both has no match, one is a laptop which is a different category of the devices, while the other is ipad, which is a pad device and a touch device, so in short there is a clear difference between the two devices and thus the comparison does not work very well here!
I strongly disagree.
Not only myself believe they are closing the gap between each-other.
I hate to say it, but if the iPad just had a few of the features laptops have they are clearly equal or superior in every task. I have an i5 laptop at home which I used to use ALL the time, that is until I got the iPad and now the Laptop stays in the bedroom and I now only store my music on it or rarely use it for office. Apart from that the iPad beats it in literally every way for consumption, college, etc.

-Source: Me, I'm an accountant, ethical hacker and study part time too.

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I have a laptop that weighs 3.7 pounds (ASUS), but it just feels to heavy some days. There are days that I know all I will be doing is making phone calls, reviewing documents, checking and responding to e-mails. Under this scenario, my laptop is slow and clunky. Outlook really isn't that fast with e-mails, especially if you have multiple accounts and never delete. an iPad on the other hand, just zips by. The new tablet by Microsoft with Win8 might be the perfect match, but it's Microsoft, so I doubt it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner