HeY iPhone 4 users,what angered you most about iOS 6?

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
For me it was no FaceTime over cellular data. Ik it's possible because their are PLENTY of video chatting apps that I use right now that can be used over 3G,so they can stick that "4S processor" excuse up their butt!

maraneric

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Basically, everything that was left out for the iPhone 4. The only reasons that I wanted to upgrade were turn-by-turn and cellular FaceTime.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Still no improvements to the Lock Screen, which remains as underutilized as it was when the original iPhone launched. God help me, I'm actually starting to warm up to the idea of switching to Android ICS or WP8. I don't understand why Apple continues to insist that the Lock Screen can only unlock, nothing more.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
But that's precisely what it's meant to do. Nothing. They do that so it doesn't press buttons in your pocket. or do calls or something like that. :confused:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Still no improvements to the Lock Screen, which remains as underutilized as it was when the original iPhone launched. God help me, I'm actually starting to warm up to the idea of switching to Android ICS or WP8. I don't understand why Apple continues to insist that the Lock Screen can only unlock, nothing more.

I don't know about you, but I am able to launch directly into the camera and take a picture. That's more than just unlocking for me. What else do you want it to do?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
haha sucks apple locks down everything android has had video chat over cellular network for awhile. But with the carriers getting rid of unlimited grandfathered data facetime over cellular is kinda worthless.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about you, but I am able to launch directly into the camera and take a picture. That's more than just unlocking for me. What else do you want it to do?

I can take a picture, too. Nice, but I'd rather be able to pull my phone out of my pocket, see my next few appointments and any critical pending to-dos WITHOUT having to swipe to unlock or type in an unlock password. Notifications that only show up after they've been triggered aren't much use, IMO. My guess is that Apple won't enable this sort of thing for customer privacy reasons. But surely that should be my risk to take, without having to jailbreak to do it. I've been hoping for more built-in iOS features that mimic LockInfo or Intelliscreen with every iOS update. Apple didn't get any closer with iOS 6, unfortunately. I doubt this will ever happen, hence my consideration of other mobile OS that might give me what I want.

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The lack of every new feature, even though the iPhone 3G is fully capable of running them all. Doesn't really matter though as by the fall I'll have a new phone anyways, if I stay with Apple I'd be getting the 5 since my contact has been up since last year.

The biggest let-down is the removal of street view for me, nothing in iOS 6 is new, innovative, revolutionary, or ahead of the competition, nothing. If I buy an iPhone 5 I lose something which I use everyday, which is irreplaceable, even though I love the Apple ecosystem, and I really do not want to leave, I feel like I'm left with no choice, Apple seems to think they can rest on past success, like BlackBerry. As a consumer who doesn't care about stock prices or sales, iOS is a downgrade for me, really hard to believe that Apple could only make iOS worse in an entire year. Some of the new Android phones are really good, and way way ahead of Apple's OS now, it makes it almost easy to switch when just looking at phones, If I go to Android I keep street view, have a far superior maps app, and many other features the iPhone will likely never have.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Another thread about disappointment in iOS 6.

Apple as a company, who cares about stock prices and sales, is making a bold move. They are tightly integrating iOS and OSX. Apple could not bring their mapping software to Mac using Google. We have no idea what their plans are. But, currently it looks like they are tightening the ecosystem even more. Some may not agree with this action, but this is Apple, this is how they operate.

As far as older hardware not getting all the features? Move to Android and then you'll really have a reason to complain....

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It's something about the Galaxy S III, it's the first Android phone I actually respect. I'm far from moving to it, but I'd just like to see what iOS becomes in the next 3 years.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Another thread about disappointment in iOS 6.

Ever stop to think that the reason the entire net is flooded with disappointment in iOS 6 is because it is one big steaming disappointment? If so many people agree, including a lot of long time Apple supporters, there has to be merit to the complaints.

Apple as a company, who cares about stock prices and sales, is making a bold move. They are tightly integrating iOS and OSX. Apple could not bring their mapping software to Mac using Google. We have no idea what their plans are. But, currently it looks like they are tightening the ecosystem even more. Some may not agree with this action, but this is Apple, this is how they operate.

Driving people away doesn't seem like a good way to generate sales and high stock prices, eventually the cool factor will totally wear off, it already has for young people. Nobody I know wants an iPhone anymore, everybody wants Android or Windows phones, I know a lot of people excited about the new Galaxy phone coming out, I haven't heard anything about iOS 6 or the iPhone 5, they are off the radar. Blackberry once made the same mistakes, I'm sure sticking with an outdated ui for another 5 years won't have any effect on sales:rolleyes:

As far as older hardware not getting all the features? Move to Android and then you'll really have a reason to complain....

While true, at least Android isn't regressing, and has made progress faster, and isn't resting on the past, iOS 4 and 5 were ten times the upgrades iOS 6 is. Makes me wonder what they've been doing the past year.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ever stop to think that the reason the entire net is flooded with disappointment in iOS 6 is because it is one big steaming disappointment? If so many people agree, including a lot of long time Apple supporters, there has to be merit to the complaints.

Driving people away doesn't seem like a good way to generate sales and high stock prices, eventually the cool factor will totally wear off, it already has for young people. Nobody I know wants an iPhone anymore, everybody wants Android or Windows phones, I know a lot of people excited about the new Galaxy phone coming out, I haven't heard anything about iOS 6 or the iPhone 5, they are off the radar. Blackberry once made the same mistakes, I'm sure sticking with an outdated ui for another 5 years won't have any effect on sales:rolleyes:

While true, at least Android isn't regressing, and has made progress faster, and isn't resting on the past, iOS 4 and 5 were ten times the upgrades iOS 6 is. Makes me wonder what they've been doing the past year.

Once again, many seem disappointed and talk of Apple "driving them away", yet they remain - if for no other reason that to continue complaining.

Munchausen by iPhone.

Apple=Racket96

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Once again, many seem disappointed and talk of Apple "driving them away", yet they remain - if for no other reason that to continue complaining.

Munchausen by iPhone.

Well as a devoted fan,I LOVE the iPhone,HATE Apple. As much crappy stunts as apple themselves pull,the iPhone is a great product that some people just can't separate from

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

Munchausen by iPhone.

I've seen more complaining about people complaining, let people express their opinions, Apple is a company, not a religion (well not to everybody:eek:)..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR