Has iOS 6 slowed down your 4S?

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I know when Apple released iOS 4 it slowed down the 3G, and people were saying iOS 5 slowed down the 3GS + the 4 slightly. For those who have installed the beta of iOS 6 on their 4S, have you noticed any slow downs on the phone, or does it seem faster? I ask because I'm wondering whether or not Apple will make this update slow the 4S down so people go out and buy the 5 when it comes out.

Thanks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It seemed the same to me so far I mean it's only beta 1 but I didn't notice any lag or anything .. Then again in my opinion the changes from 5 to 6 are more minor than 4 to 5

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Mine is very fast still no slowdown or lag at all and as mentioned by others safari is lightning.

Much quicker than it was before on both wifi and 3G

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Jo3Bingham

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
iOS 6 Beta 1 on my iPhone 4S seems to run just as quickly as iOS 5. And, as everyone else has pointed out, Safari is fast. I mean, FAST. If you install iOS 6 now you will not want iOS 5 back just because of Safari's speed. Trust me...haha.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
everything is running fast for me, email I have no problems with, the only time I have experienced a slow down was while in the app store and that is most likely because of the on going changes being made right now.

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Safari is fast for me. Getting search results on the App Store is pretty slow though. Thank goodness for Facebook integration because using the app is a nightmare.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
the slowest part of iOS6 beta 1 on my 4S is the music player... sometimes slow to skip tracks... everything else seems equal or faster to iOS 5... Safari as others have mentioned feels noticeably faster, but could just be how it's loading content... overall, pretty stable for a 1st beta...

jalba3

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Please note that iOS 6 is in beta. We shouldn't base our decision on software that has bugs and hence the beta tag is applied in order for all the beta users to report them.

Whether or not it's faster than iOS 5, we have to wait and see until its official release.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
the more i use ios6 on my 4S... the slower it seems to be getting... with jb 4.1 running pretty smooth on my gnex... might put the iphone on the shelf for a while...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2